.torrent Extension Truncated

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

.torrent Extension Truncated

Post by trektorrents »

In Windows VISTA, the copy of the .torrent file is saved without .torrent on the end. So, let's say:

myvideofile.avi.torrent gets saved as myvideofile.avi.

Can this be changed to be sure and append .torrent? This is not a windows file extension display issue, the system is set to always show file extensions, and other clients that copy .torrent files do not truncate. When adding torrents from the save directory it's necessary to add the .torrent extension manually.

Thanks.

Deluge 1.1.9, Windows VISTA Home Premium
loki

Re: .torrent Extension Truncated

Post by loki »

I don't believe I've ever seen that happen. You are talking about create torrent, right?

I did just cause an error/bug when I tried saving a file without .torrent at the end.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

loki wrote:I don't believe I've ever seen that happen. You are talking about create torrent, right?

I did just cause an error/bug when I tried saving a file without .torrent at the end.
I think he might be talking about when you have 'Copy of .torrent files to:' enabled. I have had the same problem in this situation, some of my torrents lose their .torrent extension when copied to this folder (most however retain their extension.) I'm on 32-bit WHS here.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

gazpachoking wrote:
loki wrote:I don't believe I've ever seen that happen. You are talking about create torrent, right?

I think he might be talking about when you have 'Copy of .torrent files to:' enabled. I have had the same problem in this situation, some of my torrents lose their .torrent extension when copied to this folder (most however retain their extension.) I'm on 32-bit WHS here.
Exactly right.

I use this option so that I have a backup .torrent of all the material I've downloaded.

I have them on a different drive than the actual material. I've found that every now and then an update to Deluge on Windows loses the actual resume state, and having all the .torrents makes it easy to reload everything. So, I went to get one of the .torrent files to load into another application, and all I saw were folders and .avi files... because the ".torrent" extension had been removed!
nykonoleh
New User
New User

Post by nykonoleh »

I have never seen that kind of problem in downloading torrent files.whenever I have downloaded the torrent files it has always his default extension of particular file like .mpg, .avi ,.divx if video files.If any application then it has a .exe extension. It has a never .torrent file extension.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

You may have windows set to not display the extension.

In any case, the issue is resolved with the new build.