Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
powertone
New User
New User

Re: Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Post by powertone »

Lol, it's not TMnet that blocked your port. Your router/firewall did.
:roll: before you laugh how about check it for yourself if you're using streamyx or one of the unlucky heavy user who got throttled. You can be sure that its not my router/firewall settings I'm already passed that.
I can't believe someone would actually test every port one at a time, like that site does, from 1-65535, it makes me laugh a little though...
No one test every single port, most port got blocked but not all. 7-9 port that I already opened both in my pc and router got blocked only port 80 survived the test. That is the problem, no one test every single port so I just stop all testing and let my blind port as it is.
syedomar
New User
New User

Post by syedomar »

hi, thta's not true. i still get max speed everytime running deluge. I don't how streamyx can do such thing when the whole packet is encrypted ?? Maybe it'something to do with your prefrence sttings. :D
powertone
New User
New User

Post by powertone »

hi, thta's not true. i still get max speed everytime running deluge. I don't how streamyx can do such thing when the whole packet is encrypted ?? Maybe it'something to do with your prefrence sttings. :D

Done tweaking the preferences even lvllord patch. Using the safest settings IMO.
Is it maybe bug from Alpha 17 or 18 still around?

And I think theres going to be some guide or tweak sets of preferences I can use here from the posters but all just being skeptical and pretty much with an attitude "I'm OK with it and you should be too". /sigh

I'm done, anyway "thanks". :roll:
loki

Post by loki »

Try setting maximum upload slots 4, half-open connections 6, connection attempts -1, per torrent settings -1.

Mine works perfectly fine with these setting, can max out upload and download depending on the torrent...
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

Anyone know firewall port forwarding for Kaspersky. Seems like its one of the problem.

silencer666
New User
New User

Post by silencer666 »

I have to disagree with most posters here.

I'm a streamyx user and download speeds on Alpha 21 are still blazing fast.

Coming back to 0.5.8.6, its obviously by-passes encryption in my case, but it crashes in less than 5 minutes.

ps. utorrent 1.8 Beta (8912) is a big let down.
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

I think 0.5.8.7 is bypassing Tmnet. But it doesnt get maximum speed though.
dude09

Post by dude09 »

Upgraded to 0.5.8.7 & now I can upload to others again! :D
But the upload rate still kinda low, about 10 to 14kb/s

Download never been a problem with Deluge, only upload though...
silencer666
New User
New User

Post by silencer666 »

Streamyx users, any other views on 0.5.8.7?
iskysan

Post by iskysan »

Been using 0.5.8.7 (windows port) for just a few days. Was using a rather old and buggy version of 0.5.5.95 for eons because of the recurring port forwarding problem. Still evaluating, but so far it's been a mixed bag. Things I've noticed:

1) At times i do get pretty fast speeds (from international seeders as well) but other times, i seem to hit a ceiling of 20-30Kb/s for downloads.
2) When my speeds do go up, it seems to be attributable *generally* (i.e. not always) to one or two seeders, not a bunch of them.
3) Despite setting my max global connection to about 200, i can barely hit 100 whereas i had no problem with total connections with 0.5.5.95.
4) Finally, a check on my firewall indicates a lot of outgoing connections but very very few incoming connections.
5) Although there were recent problems with service and speed a month ago, normal browsing speeds are good. However, I do recall that both browsing and torrenting were excellent until the beginning of this year, when TM went and fucked around with the network (or something).

Not sure if this is a deluge problem, a throttling problem, or a tracker / torrent issue. Before anyone suggests it though, it's not my firewall or my router. Been torrenting for over four years, so i've been around the block many times (seems like i've been cursing tmnet forever!). Currently using a Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato 1.14. Anyways, am gonna give 0.5.8.7 a spin for another week while keeping track of things to see if there are any signs of throttling, and then I'll go back to 0.5.5.95 for a while to see if my speed is affected.