No auto adding if minimized

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Pneumonic
New User
New User

No auto adding if minimized

Post by Pneumonic »

I've noticed that when I close out of deluge to minimize it to the task bar (but still keep it running) it no longer will accept auto opening downloaded torrent files (ie I download it within Firefox and click the open with deluge and then click ok, it simply downloads it to my temp folder, a command window pops open, but deluge never receives the file, so then I have to browse to the file within deluge and add it manually). I'm using the latest version 1.2.0-rc3, but this occurred with the last iteration as well. I just tested it in Safari for windows as well, but it apparently works with safari. Is this a bug with firefox or is this something with deluge? I'm assuming it's firefox, but I wouldn't imagine that opening a torrent from either one should work differently either way. Thanks.
"Either you're a part of the problem or you're a part of the solution. What's your contribution to life?" -J5
loki

Re: No auto adding if minimized

Post by loki »

It sounds like it's probably misconfigured in firefox somehow. You do mean that you are trying to add a torrent from firefox (Open with... Deluge (default)), not downloading into an auto-add folder and having deluge pick it up?
Make sure that you accept the add dialog before you close firefox or else it might delete the temp torrent file before it is able to add to deluge.
Also in the interface tab make sure the check box is selected to always show and bring dialog to focus.
Pneumonic
New User
New User

Re: No auto adding if minimized

Post by Pneumonic »

After a little more testing it seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll delete the profile in firefox and see if that helps to reset things. I did check to see that the interface tab was checked and it indeed was. I'll post back if I can recreate it more consistently. Thanks for the help!
"Either you're a part of the problem or you're a part of the solution. What's your contribution to life?" -J5