I love it! but it still needs some work

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
praveenmarkandu

I love it! but it still needs some work

Post by praveenmarkandu »

do you know why i love it? because i can actually DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD stuff. there is packet shaping in my country and normally i couldnt even connect to trackers let alone people from other countries. but with deluge i can! yay! (i guess encrypting the full stream of traffic works)

feature request (i know its hard to implement all this but some things i just wish were there):
*max connections PER torrent
*a scheduler so i can regulate how fast my to let my torrents go depending on the time of day
*renaming of torrents under the "name" column (trivial. sorry)
*more detail in number of functioning torrents. it would be nice to set the number of uploads going and the number of downloads specifically rather than just "maximum simultaneous torrents"
* a better RSS handler. maybe im retarded but i cant get it to work. if it works for you could you explain how to set up the filtering. (i dont hate to compare but uTorrents RSS is SUPERB and that could be a model for yours)
*maxium number of connections is set too high. 400 for default could crash someones router making them ditch this program for no good reason
*Force-recheck on unclean close. ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT. and a manual force recheck would be nice as well
*open file location in nautilus (or whatever explorer). its useful

im sorry i have to the devs down with all these features. i study compsci and i dont even want to hand in my programming assignments yet you all do this for free. hats off.yes deluge works great. but it always could be improved. thank you.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: I love it! but it still needs some work

Post by markybob »

praveenmarkandu wrote:do you know why i love it? because i can actually DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD stuff. there is packet shaping in my country and normally i couldnt even connect to trackers let alone people from other countries. but with deluge i can! yay! (i guess encrypting the full stream of traffic works)

feature request (i know its hard to implement all this but some things i just wish were there):
*max connections PER torrent
*a scheduler so i can regulate how fast my to let my torrents go depending on the time of day
*renaming of torrents under the "name" column (trivial. sorry)
*more detail in number of functioning torrents. it would be nice to set the number of uploads going and the number of downloads specifically rather than just "maximum simultaneous torrents"
* a better RSS handler. maybe im retarded but i cant get it to work. if it works for you could you explain how to set up the filtering. (i dont hate to compare but uTorrents RSS is SUPERB and that could be a model for yours)
*maxium number of connections is set too high. 400 for default could crash someones router making them ditch this program for no good reason
*Force-recheck on unclean close. ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT. and a manual force recheck would be nice as well
*open file location in nautilus (or whatever explorer). its useful

im sorry i have to the devs down with all these features. i study compsci and i dont even want to hand in my programming assignments yet you all do this for free. hats off.yes deluge works great. but it always could be improved. thank you.
we *do* automatically recheck when we detect an unclean close. i still havent heard a great argument on manual checking, but if you make one, i'd consider it. max connections per torrent is coming (btw, speed limits per torrent is in svn). i dont think 400 connections default is too much for the average user, but i'll do some research on that and if i find it to be so, i'll change it. your other points are good and they'll hopefully come along in not too long
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

fyi...i just changed global max connections from 400 to 200 in svn.
irfan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by irfan »

praveenmarkandu wrote: 3. max connections PER torrent
4. more detail in number of functioning torrents. it would be nice to set the number of uploads going and the number of downloads specifically rather than just "maximum simultaneous torrents"
2. a better RSS handler. maybe im retarded but i cant get it to work. if it works for you could you explain how to set up the filtering. (i dont hate to compare but uTorrents RSS is SUPERB and that could be a model for yours)
1. open file location in nautilus (or whatever explorer). its useful
+1
Tares

Post by Tares »

markybob wrote:we *do* automatically recheck when we detect an unclean close. i still havent heard a great argument on manual checking, but if you make one, i'd consider it. max connections per torrent is coming (btw, speed limits per torrent is in svn). i dont think 400 connections default is too much for the average user, but i'll do some research on that and if i find it to be so, i'll change it. your other points are good and they'll hopefully come along in not too long
Automatically recheck ? Yeah, right. I can kill deluge/reset pc/force gnome to crash and everytime I start deluge again it *does* not recheck o_O No offence, but I've posted about it week ago and didn't get any replay till now. I would not push it so much if I didn't lost so MUCH data because of crash and no recheck after -_-;
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala amd64
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Tares wrote:
markybob wrote:we *do* automatically recheck when we detect an unclean close. i still havent heard a great argument on manual checking, but if you make one, i'd consider it. max connections per torrent is coming (btw, speed limits per torrent is in svn). i dont think 400 connections default is too much for the average user, but i'll do some research on that and if i find it to be so, i'll change it. your other points are good and they'll hopefully come along in not too long
Automatically recheck ? Yeah, right. I can kill deluge/reset pc/force gnome to crash and everytime I start deluge again it *does* not recheck o_O No offence, but I've posted about it week ago and didn't get any replay till now. I would not push it so much if I didn't lost so MUCH data because of crash and no recheck after -_-;
we'd probably respond sooner if your attitude didnt suck. you realize we're all volunteers here?
Tares

Post by Tares »

markybob wrote:we'd probably respond sooner if your attitude didnt suck. you realize we're all volunteers here?
My attitude ? -_-; Did you even read my topic ? ah, just forget about it.

I do know you guys are doing this for free and I know how much of time and effort it cost to do it. That's why I really appreciate your work here and I want to help with this best torrent client out there. So if you'd found my topic offensive (except last respond here, it supposed to be that way) I'm sorry. If you do not wish to see me here just say it. I'll continue to observe where's this client going.
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala amd64
praveenmarkandu

Post by praveenmarkandu »

hi. sorry. but could anyone explain to me how to set up the RSS filtering lets say Random Show 1x1 [HDTV - ReleaseGroup] ?