GUI freezes on 1.1.5 with Vista

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
rob
New User
New User

GUI freezes on 1.1.5 with Vista

Post by rob »

I'm running Deluge 1.1.5 on Vista Home Premium edition having previously updated from 1.1.0. I have a Dell Inspirion 1521 and a wireless connection to a Netgear ASDL router and no connections to any other PCs.

My experience is that every time I've left Deluge running the user interface has frozen giving a '(Not Responding)' message in the title bar. A further complication is that when this happens isn't always possible to close Deluge. More often than not clicking on the x in the top right hand corner won't close it and even Windows Task Manager won't cancel it. On those occasions when it does close deluged.exe is still running and that won't close, not even with Windows Task Manager. Inevitably I have to restart my computer. Also I've found that usually (but not always) when deluge/deluged won't close that my pc won't shut down normally and I have to resort to holding down the power button to force a shutdown.

The amount of time it takes for Deluge to freeze seems to vary. I had noticed that it lasted longer when Thunderbird wasn't running but this could just be coincidence.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I alone in this?
loki

Re: GUI freezes on 1.1.5 with Vista

Post by loki »

It's probably very good idea to uninstall 1.1.0 before installing 1.1.5, this is probably step one at least, and making sure the deluge install folder is gone after uninstalling.
rob
New User
New User

Post by rob »

Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled from scratch but that didn't make any improvement. However, I didn't think to remove the folder.

Finally, I gave up, uninstalled everything and installed uTorrent instead which has run very well and (so far) without a single problem. I got up this morning to find the system is still running, no frozen screens, no need to re-boot, and a huge amount of downloading done. It even picked up and completed some torrents which I had started with Deluge and were part done.

So, I'm afraid that its bye from me.
icks

Post by icks »

Same issue here on XP, fresh OS install. Deluged also crashes randomly. WebUI seems stable but without the rest I'm still using Azureus for usual torrenting. I'd love to use Deluge but with the stability issues it's more or less impossible.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

I'm hoping that the upcoming 1.2.0 release will be more stable on Windows.. Time will tell.
irie27

Post by irie27 »

It happens on my Ubuntu 9.04 box also. I end up having to kill the process once its down downloading. Think I may "downgrade" to an earlier version.