No download dialog?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mduck

No download dialog?

Post by mduck »

Hi

I have a problem - I´m not getting the download dialog anymore, it minimizes and when maximized it´s only the normal Deluge window.
So I can´t actually use Deluge to download any torrents anymore
This problem has not been ther before, experienced it on 1.1.4 and also on 1.1.5 latest release

Using Vista
Is this a known issue, what shall I do? - Uninstall and then reinstall a fresh copy?
jesperl

Re: No download dialog?

Post by jesperl »

mduck wrote:Hi

I have a problem - I´m not getting the download dialog anymore, it minimizes and when maximized it´s only the normal Deluge window.
So I can´t actually use Deluge to download any torrents anymore
This problem has not been ther before, experienced it on 1.1.4 and also on 1.1.5 latest release

Using Vista
Is this a known issue, what shall I do? - Uninstall and then reinstall a fresh copy?
[mods: this should be moved to the Windows forum].

I assume that you mean the 'add torrents dialog' which should pop up whenever you open torrents in the file manager (explorer) or follow download links on webpages?

If so, you should be able to bring the window into focus by clicking or double-clicking on the Deluge icon in your taskbar (lower right corner).
mduck

Post by mduck »

well I get a minimized window with "Add torrent" but can´t use it since it disappears when trying to maximize it. After this I have to right click the task bar icon "add torrent" the dialog pops up as normal. I close it again and then I can add torrent from a page again (dialog appears)

Then it works a couple of times then I have to repeat the above
:?:
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

sry to bump this thread but I'm seeing the same symptoms, running win7 RC x64, firefox 3.5.3, and deluge 1.1.9

when deluge isn't running and I download a torrent file with firefox, I get the option to Open (with deluge) or Save, I choose Open. deluge opens and displays the Add Torrent dialog, I click Add and the torrent downloads fine. at this point, I can click the Add Torrent button and the dialog appears. but if I download another torrent file, and take the Open option, the Add Torrent dialog does not appear. furthermore now, double-clicking a torrent file or clicking the Add Torrent button does not display the Add Torrent dialog either.

my workaround is to Save the torrent file, Quit deluge, re-open deluge, then click the Add Torrent button.

is this just me?
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

No, it has happened to me on Windows 7 RC x64 and Vista 32 bit with 1.1.9, but it is not consistently reproducible for me. Not sure what causes it but restarting the client always fixes the problem for me for a while. I actually haven't had the problem in quite a while, then again most of my torrents are added by FlexGet, so I don't need the dialog that often.