New Windows Version

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: New Windows Version

Post by andar »

ther0n wrote:i just built newest 1.1.4 from tarball and something is wrong - preferences are not saved.
or perhaps they are saved but are not read back when deluge is restarted.

i did complete delete old config from "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge"
before running new version.
now there is new file "core.conf.new" wich seem to contain correct settings,
but when deluge is restarted, it opens with default settings. and deluge.log lists:

[ERROR ] 09:34:29 config:284 Error backing up old config..
[ERROR ] 09:34:29 config:284 Error backing up old config..
[ERROR ] 09:34:34 config:284 Error backing up old config..
[ERROR ] 09:34:35 config:284 Error backing up old config..
[ERROR ] 09:34:40 config:284 Error backing up old config..
Yea.. I think that's because Windows doesn't allow you to use ~ in a filename.. *sigh* We'll just have to patch it for the windows build.
The relevant code is in config.py.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

andar wrote:Yea.. I think that's because Windows doesn't allow you to use ~ in a filename.. *sigh* We'll just have to patch it for the windows build. The relevant code is in config.py.
I haven't looked at the 1.1.4 source release (and now work week has started..), but I can confirm that Windows does allow ~ in file names. Just did a 'notepad test~' and it created the file test~.txt.
Last edited by jesperl on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

jesperl wrote:With build/package instructions from andar, I have made zip file for other Windows users to test.
The next step, of course, is to make a real Windows installer... I will start on that tonight.
ther0n

Post by ther0n »

andar wrote: Yea.. I think that's because Windows doesn't allow you to use ~ in a filename.. *sigh* We'll just have to patch it for the windows build.
The relevant code is in config.py.
this is fragment from deluge.log in debug mode:

[INFO ] 11:22:26 main:113 Deluge ui 1.1.4
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 main:114 options: {'loglevel': 'debug', 'default_ui': None, 'args': None, 'quiet': False, 'ui': None, 'logfile': 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\USER\\Application Data\\deluge\\deluge.log', 'config': None}
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 main:115 args: []
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 main:116 ui_args: []
[INFO ] 11:22:26 main:119 Starting ui..
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 ui:35 UI init..
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 configmanager:79 Getting config 'ui.conf'
[WARNING ] 11:22:26 config:242 Unable to load config file: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\ui.conf
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 config:244 Config C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\ui.conf loaded: {'default_ui': 'gtk'}
[WARNING ] 11:22:26 config:263 Unable to open config file: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\ui.conf
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 config:269 Saving new config file C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\ui.conf.new
[DEBUG ] 11:22:26 config:281 Backing up old config file to C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\ui.conf~
[ERROR ] 11:22:26 config:284 Error backing up old config..

there is no file ui.conf and it tries to backup it. same goes for file gtkui.conf:

[INFO ] 11:22:32 client:160 Setting core uri as None
[WARNING ] 11:22:32 config:263 Unable to open config file: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\gtkui.conf
[DEBUG ] 11:22:32 config:269 Saving new config file C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\gtkui.conf.new
[DEBUG ] 11:22:32 config:281 Backing up old config file to C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\deluge\gtkui.conf~
[ERROR ] 11:22:32 config:284 Error backing up old config..

strange that there is nothing said about core.conf in the logfile.
abija

Post by abija »

nvm, new config.py already on the svn
ther0n

Post by ther0n »

where is new config.py?
damoxc
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by damoxc »

jesperl wrote:
jesperl wrote:With build/package instructions from andar, I have made zip file for other Windows users to test.
The next step, of course, is to make a real Windows installer... I will start on that tonight.
johnnyg has been working on that: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/browser/b ... deluge.nsi

Not sure what state it is in however.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

damoxc wrote:
jesperl wrote:
johnnyg has been working on that: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/browser/b ... deluge.nsi

Not sure what state it is in however.
a suspended state - that installer was written before andar found out about bbfreeze.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

johnnyg wrote:a suspended state - that installer was written before andar found out about bbfreeze.
RC1 for a new installer for Deluge 1.1.4 will be released very soon. I have been working with andar on this (bbfreeze-based to keep the installer size down), and it just needs a little more testing before I'm happy with it. Hopefully, people will test this 'release candidate' installer so that there can be regular Windows releases starting with 1.1.5.
Flak
New User
New User

Post by Flak »

Where is the RC, I'll test it...