New Windows Version

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
DualCore

New Windows Version

Post by DualCore »

When are they supposed to be coming out with a new Windows port. They come out with two new versions without an update to windows.
Stacks

Re: New Windows Version

Post by Stacks »

Evidently they are having some sort of troubles with the windows version.

I hope it gets worked out soon.
phuzz

Post by phuzz »

Any word from the devs what the problem is?

**edit, from http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.1.3

Code: Select all

February 15, 2009

Just bug fixes in this release, most notably a fix to the checking queue being stuck and SSL tracker support. Please see the full ChangeLog for all the changes.

We are no longer providing packages, only the source tarballs. You can find more info on where to find packages for your OS at the Download page. There is also no Windows build for this release as our Windows packager has decided to leave the project. If anyone would like to help provide a Windows package, please ContactUs.

Happy Sharing! 
I don't know enough to even know where to begin but if it's only a matter of setting up a compiler and feeding it the source code I could probably manage if there was no problems with the build.

Any other windows users out there with more knowledge than me?
loki

Post by loki »

I'd be willing to take a shot at it, I have no idea where to get the dependencies or what to compile it with...
jrabbit

Post by jrabbit »

loki wrote:I'd be willing to take a shot at it, I have no idea where to get the dependencies or what to compile it with...
Email markybob@gmail.com
mojoxojom

Post by mojoxojom »

jrabbit wrote:
loki wrote:I'd be willing to take a shot at it, I have no idea where to get the dependencies or what to compile it with...
Email markybob@gmail.com
I did compile the source on Ubuntu at one point last year, but have never tried anything like that on Windows for like 12 years... back when I played with TurboPascal, Visual Basic, and PC-Realia COBOL. He he... I remember that the COBOL was for a pharmacy prescription management system, and the programmer intentionally obfuscated his code to protect his job. He spaghetti'd it on purpose. Imagine that... :P Not something I expect you see in the FOSS world much.

These days, IANAP ... even so, I'll give it a shot too if no one more experienced does first. The Windows client is important to me. I don't care about the core on Windows since I run that on Linux. But I think my XP users would rather use a native client than the WebUI. If I wind up doing it on my own, I'll try to write a how-to. If someone else does, well I'll be first in line to read your how-to. :)

~mojo~
loki

Post by loki »

jrabbit wrote:
Email markybob@gmail.com
Was wondering if everybody was going to hop in and send an email... well, I sent an email... I didn't say I was the one taking over but if I could get a how-to or explanations, I could see what I can do or if it's way over my head I could post it here for the more adventurous... hopefully we can get somebody, I'll miss windows builds.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

loki wrote:
jrabbit wrote:
Email markybob@gmail.com
Was wondering if everybody was going to hop in and send an email... well, I sent an email... I didn't say I was the one taking over but if I could get a how-to or explanations, I could see what I can do or if it's way over my head I could post it here for the more adventurous... hopefully we can get somebody, I'll miss windows builds.
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 695#p76695
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

Dang.

What a bummer, I hope we get someone to make the windows release available.
andy

Post by andy »

deluge was my only big hope after tribler screwed up, and now this. it is the only usefull cross platform client i know about, but now ... that sucks :(