Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cal_drag

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Post by cal_drag »

Thank you so much. Installing ipv6 really solved the problem for me, too.

Thanks again :D
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

Installing ipv6 has had no effect for me, I still cannot get Deluge to even load. :(
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Tuppence wrote:Installing ipv6 has had no effect for me, I still cannot get Deluge to even load. :(
do you mean unable to load without crashing or just straight unable to load?

if it's the latter: http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n30
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

do you mean unable to load without crashing or just straight unable to load?

if it's the latter: http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n30
I don't understand the difference? Deluge installed with seemingly no problem, but loading the program results in the runtime error, so it has never run. I am a card-carrying techno-idiot, so I have no clue how to make this work. :oops:
loki

Post by loki »

He was saying that it may be that you need to delete a configuration file, the file is located in different places depending on if you have linux or windows.
In Linux, you can fix this by typing `rm ~/.config/deluge/persistent.state` in a command prompt. In Windows, you can fix this by deleting C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Deluge\persistent.state. This will remove all of your torrents, but don't freak out; you can reload them and Deluge will continue from where it left off. By default the torrent files are saved to ~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles/ in Linux and C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Deluge\torrentfiles\ in Windows.
Did you try that part to see if it works now?
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

I did see that, and I have no torrents to lose as the program has never run ... but I don't know how to do that. I'm using Windows XP. I think I'm out of my depth. :(
loki

Post by loki »

Open explorer, most likely thats what you use to browse through your files on the hard drive etc...
Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Deluge, where [User Name] is your current account you're using.
You should see a file in that folder called 'persistent.state' all you have to do is delete it... either highlight it and press the delete key, or right-click and select delete, or drag it to the recycle bin.

Anything else I forgot?

Oh, it might also work to use cmd to delete the file, it's a little more complex. Open it by going to start and run... type cmd.exe and press Ok.
At the prompt type: cd "deluge"
Press Enter, then type del persistent.state
Press Enter and it should be deleted.
Last edited by loki on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

I have something called "prefs.state", would that be it? It's the only thing that even resembles 'persistent.state'.

Going on faith that it is what I think, I deleted it but Deluge still will not load.
loki

Post by loki »

Hmm, try the old re-download and reinstall...
Tuppence
New User
New User

Post by Tuppence »

Oh boy. This 2nd attempt failed during setup -- some dll error, I dunno -- so I'll try again.