Frequent autodisconnects from daemon

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ther0n

Frequent autodisconnects from daemon

Post by ther0n »

Hello!
I use version 1.1.0 final on Windows XP SP3, and i am experiencing frequent disconnects from local daemon - all torrents just disappear, and
in status bar it says "Not connected". I click on status bar, daemon dialog winodw opens, I press Connect, and all torrents
appear again, but after some time disconnect occurs again.
It seems that torrents are seeded in background, just client interface part somehow loses connection to daemon part.
I tried versions 1.0.7 and 1.0.5 and it's the same.

Is this a bug or perhaps I have wrong configuration?
Thanks in advance!
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Frequent autodisconnects from daemon

Post by johnnyg »

I'd say the most probably explanation is that your connection to the daemon is being severed.
Does this happen all the time or just when you're downloading/uploading alot?

edit: missed that it was a local daemon.
ther0n

Post by ther0n »

Well, there are about 35 torrents active. System RAM is at half but CPU usage is about 95% all the time.
In uTorrent I was able to keep 100 and more torrents active on the same system, and resource usage was a lot less.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

I have been burned by this behavior in the old 1.0.x releases with Windows XP SP 3 32 Bit. The 1.1.0 release has been much more stable on my computer.

The only option when this happens is to get Daemon connected to the client, pause all torrents, exit the client, and reboot the computer.

Back when this happened to me in the past, deluged.log would tell me that it could not write to memory on its fast resume routine that it periodically does. Not sure why it would run out of memory, since it should release the memory after it has been used.

The problem that we have now is that the client no longer logs these events in Deluge.log and Deluged.log.
deluge001

Post by deluge001 »

I'm having the same problem. Using Vista SP1.
ther0n

Post by ther0n »

i managed to solve this - by uprading CPU. old one was Pentium 4 1.8ghz northwood, new one is Pentium 4 2.66Ghz northwood. all other hardware is the same and now deluge runs fine. so i guess deluge needs close to 3ghz or dual core to run normally :)
ther0n

Post by ther0n »

it turns out the problem was caused by nod32 antivirus.
after months of experiencing problems with deluge, i deinstalled nod32 antivirus 3 (for other reason ), and deluge daemon disconnect problem is gone.
maybe i should have added deluge/python to nod32's exclusions.