when deluge starts and the download directory is unmounted

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
choad

when deluge starts and the download directory is unmounted

Post by choad »

... it forgets how much it has downloaded. this is quite a pain for me as i like to seed my torrents creating a very full torrent list, which then has to be rechecked if i forget to plug in the external hdd.

this doesn't seem to be the only bug wrt remembering the state of torrents... and to me it seems to be one of the most critical tasks of a download manager ie. managing the downloads... so i hope you wonderful devs decide to make this area priority.
manni

Re: when deluge starts and the download directory is unmounted

Post by manni »

Yes, it would be _really good_. Sometimes i also forget to mount the filesystem (that contains the files under download) before i start deluge, and then deluge somehow marks them "bad", so it wants to recheck the whole, which can take over hours for me. No matter if I restart the daemon, it does not forget that they are marked "bad". It would be good if they would only be marked "missing", and only their existence have to be checked, not their content.

Thanks,

Robert
bakape
New User
New User

Re: when deluge starts and the download directory is unmount

Post by bakape »

Seeing as such a potentially useful feature is not yet implemented, I'll be resurrecting this thread.
I have 150+ GB of torrent data on my external HDD, so skipping a check after remounting a hard drive would save quite some time. Especially useful for laptops, in cases you launch Deluge to download a torrent away from your external HDD.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: when deluge starts and the download directory is unmount

Post by Cas »