Unwanted destination folder created automatically

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
barjac

Unwanted destination folder created automatically

Post by barjac »

I have just started using Deluge and am finding it excellent, however one problem has cropped up which I cannot resolve.
I will explain.
Assume that I have a sub directory of 'Videos' which is called 'Supersoap_2008' and in there I have 10 episodes of Supersoap for example 'Supersoap1.avi" etc. etc.
I have had these for some time.
Now today they are all re-launched in a pack as 'Complete 2008 Supersoap series.torrent'.
I want to help seed these so I try to add the torrent to Deluge and point it to the /Videos/Supersoap_2008 directory and expect it to re-check the files and start seeding..
BUT it has ignored my destination and created a new sub-directory /Videos/Supersoap_2008/Complete 2008 Supersoap series/ and started to download the files again to there!
How can I force it to accept the directory I point it to? ( I can do this in Azureus )
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Unwanted destination folder created automatically

Post by johnnyg »

This requires the ability to rename the folder within the torrent (which deluge can't do yet - see http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/428).
In the meantime you can just rename your folder to match the torrent's.
barjac

Post by barjac »

Thanks for your reply.
I hope that this can be implemented some time soon - the lack of this feature really spoils what is otherwise a superb application.
aeiah
New User
New User

Post by aeiah »

yea, for now you'll have to rename your folder to 'Complete 2008 Supersoap series' and set your destination to /videos/