dbus-daemon-deluge.exe

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Jhet
New User
New User

dbus-daemon-deluge.exe

Post by Jhet »

Just thought I'd point this out, not really a bug as such. Once deluge is closed the dbus-daemon-deluge still runs in the background, not really a problem (from what I can see), but since deluge starts it surely it would be good if it was terminated after deluge closes.

Oh and one more thing (probably already mentioned elsewhere), something breaks the properties and plugins panels, i.e. prevents them loading, I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's the blocklist importer plugin (seeing as that was the only one I turned on and this happened). Can't double check right now though because I don't know where Deluge's config file is so I can back it up and reset to defaults, it's normally in the users home folder on linux, but I haven't got a clue for where it would be on Windows, anyone know?

Using the latest deluge 0.5.8 on Windows Vista x86
Primary OS: Windows Vista Business 32bit
Secondary OS: Ubuntu Gutsy
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: dbus-daemon-deluge.exe

Post by markybob »

Jhet wrote:Just thought I'd point this out, not really a bug as such. Once deluge is closed the dbus-daemon-deluge still runs in the background, not really a problem (from what I can see), but since deluge starts it surely it would be good if it was terminated after deluge closes.

Oh and one more thing (probably already mentioned elsewhere), something breaks the properties and plugins panels, i.e. prevents them loading, I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's the blocklist importer plugin (seeing as that was the only one I turned on and this happened). Can't double check right now though because I don't know where Deluge's config file is so I can back it up and reset to defaults, it's normally in the users home folder on linux, but I haven't got a clue for where it would be on Windows, anyone know?

deluge does terminate dbus-daemon-deluge on xp, but on vista, the OS doesnt allow us to (we actually do try, though). you can thank vista's UAC
Jhet
New User
New User

Post by Jhet »

ah thanks for the response. So it's Vista only issue, I should of guessed as much.
Primary OS: Windows Vista Business 32bit
Secondary OS: Ubuntu Gutsy
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Jhet wrote:ah thanks for the response. So it's Vista only issue, I should of guessed as much.
i'm still trying to find a way around UAC. hopefully i'll figure something out :)
loki

Post by loki »

As far as where the preference files are stored it's usually, C:\Users\<name>\deluge
Pnevma
New User
New User

Post by Pnevma »

markybob wrote:
Jhet wrote:Just thought I'd point this out, not really a bug as such. Once deluge is closed the dbus-daemon-deluge still runs in the background, not really a problem (from what I can see), but since deluge starts it surely it would be good if it was terminated after deluge closes.

deluge does terminate dbus-daemon-deluge on xp, but on vista, the OS doesnt allow us to (we actually do try, though). you can thank vista's UAC
It doesn't close on Windows XP x64 either. Another problem I noticed is that when you right click the tray icon for Deluge... the menu itself has to scroll down - but that could be a bug for all Windows versions (can't confirm). Other than that, Deluge has to be the best client for Windows right now.

Oh, and I know it's too soon to ask... but I was wondering if you guys plan on building a x64 version for XP and Vista down the road sometime?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Pnevma wrote:
markybob wrote:

It doesn't close on Windows XP x64 either. Another problem I noticed is that when you right click the tray icon for Deluge... the menu itself has to scroll down - but that could be a bug for all Windows versions (can't confirm). Other than that, Deluge has to be the best client for Windows right now.

Oh, and I know it's too soon to ask... but I was wondering if you guys plan on building a x64 version for XP and Vista down the road sometime?
tonight i finally figured out how to get around vista and close dbus, but i was unaware of a 64-bit xp problem. which flavor? pro?
the system tray scrolling is a windows-only gtk bug (doesnt happen on linux/unix)...i know it's very annoying, but i havent figured out how to get around that yet. and yes, i plan on offering 64-bit packages in not too long. glad you like deluge :)
Pnevma
New User
New User

Post by Pnevma »

tonight i finally figured out how to get around vista and close dbus, but i was unaware of a 64-bit xp problem. which flavor? pro?
the system tray scrolling is a windows-only gtk bug (doesnt happen on linux/unix)...i know it's very annoying, but i havent figured out how to get around that yet. and yes, i plan on offering 64-bit packages in not too long. glad you like deluge :)
Windows XP Professional x64.

PM me if you need any system files to figure out the problem, I'd be happy to help.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Pnevma wrote:

PM me if you need any system files to figure out the problem, I'd be happy to help.
do you mean when deluge crashes, or does it not shudown the dbus daemon after a clean shutdown of deluge?
Pnevma
New User
New User

Post by Pnevma »

markybob wrote:
Pnevma wrote:

do you mean when deluge crashes, or does it not shudown the dbus daemon after a clean shutdown of deluge?
The latter, dbus-daemon-deluge.exe doesn't shut down after exiting Deluge.