Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jesperl

Re: Release Candidate for a new Windows installer

Post by jesperl »

loki wrote:Okay, I played around in the registry and this file worked after I renamed the ico from deluge.ico to Deluge.ico, is capitalization the only reason why it worked?
[...]
Also the RC2 works for me, it still downloaded 2.12 and wanted to install it, I just hit cancel, I suppose I should have unselected to install the 2.12.
You gave me an idea.. The installer script sometimes references the deluge.ico file as Deluge.ico (sloppyness on my part), in particular the icon for the file association. This shouldn't really be a problem since Windows is not case-sensitive when it comes to file names, but your experiments certainly suggest that Vista is (sometimes..).

When you install RC2, the file Deluge.ico is not overwritten with deluge.ico, so it's probably not because of RC2 that's it working for you, but because of your change to the file name.

I have cleaned up the installer script so that the reference is always deluge.ico like the file name. This may not be the problem, but at least it doesn't hurt.. :)
loki

Post by loki »

I just noticed a bug or something, I only noticed this in RC2 which may be related, when I am downloading a torrent and I click the files tab deluge crashes immediately with no error messages and it seems to only happen on currently downloading torrents once they complete it was no problem. Understandably this is making it very hard if I were to want to change file priorities.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

loki wrote:I just noticed a bug or something, I only noticed this in RC2 which may be related, when I am downloading a torrent and I click the files tab deluge crashes immediately with no error messages and it seems to only happen on currently downloading torrents once they complete it was no problem. Understandably this is making it very hard if I were to want to change file priorities.
I am unable to reproduce this on WinXP Home SP3. I started downloading a torrent with two files, and clicked wildly on the different tabs, including the files tab. Nothing happened.

I will pause the torrent just in case there's more to check based on other people's comments. Download is going to fast with a 20/2 DSL connection. :)

Besides, I sincerely doubt that this is RC2 vs RC1 related. The only difference between the two installer is that RC2 includes two additional DLLs so that it will work out-of-the-box for the GTK+ 2.14 people (like those who have installed Pidgin earlier). I did not do a new Python build, just changed the packaging.

Hopefully, others can test whether this error is reproducible.
loki

Post by loki »

The strange thing was that it also just happened when I added a torrent from FF, deluged stayed open and happily continued downloading but it opened another deluged process and caused deluge.exe to crash.

Okay, another update, it seems the crash must have been somehow related to the gtk theme I was using, now that I changed that it hasn't crashed yet... however it still wants to create a new deluged process whenever FF adds a new torrent.
stheg

Re: Errors with RC2

Post by stheg »

If I run Deluge from the icon, the cmd window flashes but nothing else happens. If I run it from the .exe, the cmd window stays and I get an error dialog, "The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll."

This is on Vista SP1 x86. I fully uninstalled 1.1.2, including deleting the %appdata%\deluge, and did a default install using RC2. I tried running "c:\program files\deluge\deluge" -L debug -l c:\log.txt but get no debug log.

Any help would be appreciated.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

Installed 1.1.4 on Vista Ultimate, 32-bit, SP1, having completely uninstalled 0.5.9.3 and the Deluge folders.

Many, many thanks to the team and the Windows Port crew. This is the first version of Deluge that installed and ran on my Vista machine since 0.5.9.3.

Very glad to have it back and running. It comes with 2 plugins, and the ones I really miss are

RSS
WebUI

Can I install these from scripts/packages on Windows? If so, how do I go about that?

Again, thanks to all for continuing to work on this.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

stheg wrote:If I run Deluge from the icon, the cmd window flashes but nothing else happens. If I run it from the .exe, the cmd window stays and I get an error dialog, "The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll."
What version of the GTK+ runtime do you have installed? iconv.dll is part of your GTK+ runtime.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

trektorrents wrote: Very glad to have it back and running. It comes with 2 plugins, and the ones I really miss are

RSS
WebUI
WebUI is part of Deluge now, look in the Start->Programs->Deluge menu.
stheg

Post by stheg »

jesperl wrote:
stheg wrote:If I run Deluge from the icon, the cmd window flashes but nothing else happens. If I run it from the .exe, the cmd window stays and I get an error dialog, "The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll."
What version of the GTK+ runtime do you have installed? iconv.dll is part of your GTK+ runtime.
When I started troubleshooting, I uninstalled 2.10 which had been installed by Wireshark and used the RC2 installer to reinstall GTK+. It is reported as 2.12.9-2.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

stheg wrote:
jesperl wrote:
When I started troubleshooting, I uninstalled 2.10 which had been installed by Wireshark and used the RC2 installer to reinstall GTK+. It is reported as 2.12.9-2.
Do you have another iconv.dll somewhere in your path?