Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.1.x

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
SGSeries2

Re:

Post by SGSeries2 »

Thanks, guys!
durand wrote: One thing I would like to know is how to manually tell it to add new torrents. It seems to be at random or when deluge first starts but is there a manual "Check for new torrents" button?
If you look in the feeds tab, and you right-click on a feed, select 'Refresh feed', and it will check that feed for updates. There's no global feed refresh button aside from disabling and re-enabling the plugin.

The feeds are refreshed on startup and every time the update interval for the particular feed has been reached. (If you select/highlight a feed, the name, url, enabled/disabled status, and update interval are shown at the bottom to be edited, as desired.) The update interval is measured in seconds. (So to update a given feed once every hour on the hour, the interval would be 3600.)
reference2myself
New User
New User

Re: Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.x

Post by reference2myself »

When i enable this plugin it does nothing, i tried installing to /home/*/.config/deluge/plugins and /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/plugins/ both with the same result. It shows up in the plugin list but when I enable it nothing happens.
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

reference2myself wrote:When i enable this plugin it does nothing, i tried installing to /home/*/.config/deluge/plugins and /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/plugins/ both with the same result. It shows up in the plugin list but when I enable it nothing happens.

Weird. Well, if you can 'enable/disable' it from the preference menu, it sounds like it's in the right place. I've tried /home/*.config/deluge/plugins, too, and that didn't work, so I just figured that that wasn't one of the locations where plugins could be held, and just mentioned the (rough) location where I was able to get it to work.

Anyways, if you're able to enable it, it's not going to pop-up at you or add a flexRSS button in the toolbar without enabling the toolbar button in the preferences section for it. (The preference for the toolbar is saved so that when it does start up next time, it will show up.) What should happen is that when you enable it, an additional preference menu option should show up in the preferences menu on the left-hand side that says 'FlexRSS' (where you had to select plugins to show and enable/disable various plugins). That is where all the available config options are and has its own 'Open flexRSS' button to access FlexRSS in more detail.

This is all assuming you're using the GTK ui, of course, since that's really where all the magic happens atm, and is inaccessible elsewhere. That said, if the option isn't there, and you run deluge from cli, what does it say when you enable it? And, what version of deluge are you running?
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

First of all, thanks for taking the time to update this plugin, this is the one thing that has kept me from upgrading to 1.0.
reference2myself wrote:When i enable this plugin it does nothing, i tried installing to /home/*/.config/deluge/plugins and /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/plugins/ both with the same result. It shows up in the plugin list but when I enable it nothing happens.
Yeah i get the exact same thing. First tried installing to /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/plugins/ which caused the plugin to show in the list, but enabling it does nothing, even after restarting deluge. Same goes for when I install in ~/.config/deluge/plugins/.

I'm on ubuntu 8.04, using gtk client (but also using webui in case that matters), all updates applied, using deluge version 1.0.0.

Any ideas? Would love to get this up and running.

EDIT: screenshot attached.
Attachments
Screenshot-Preferences.png
Screenshot-Preferences.png (30.54 KiB) Viewed 7974 times
durand
New User
New User

Re: Re:

Post by durand »

SGSeries2 wrote:Thanks, guys!
durand wrote: One thing I would like to know is how to manually tell it to add new torrents. It seems to be at random or when deluge first starts but is there a manual "Check for new torrents" button?
If you look in the feeds tab, and you right-click on a feed, select 'Refresh feed', and it will check that feed for updates. There's no global feed refresh button aside from disabling and re-enabling the plugin.

The feeds are refreshed on startup and every time the update interval for the particular feed has been reached. (If you select/highlight a feed, the name, url, enabled/disabled status, and update interval are shown at the bottom to be edited, as desired.) The update interval is measured in seconds. (So to update a given feed once every hour on the hour, the interval would be 3600.)
Thanks!
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

I don't have a version of ubuntu 8.04 installed atm, but I do have an i386 version Mint Elyssa installed on a VM, which is based on ubuntu 8.04, and I couldn't recreate the problem. It didn't have a previous version of deluge installed on it, and as far as packages are concerned, I don't think there's a difference between ubuntu flavors, so the only thing I can think of that may be different between machines is maybe version type (64-bit version of ubuntu), file permissions, or old flexRSS preferences / old preferences in general.

I did notice that when I installed the new deluge from their website, the blocklist plugin was linked from another directory (/usr/share/python-support/deluge-torrent/deluge/plugins)... If you've used the older plugin before, maybe it's still lingering around, and deluge is trying to load the wrong one? (Try locate/find and see if there's more than one flexRSS version on your system.)

If that's not it, would someone who's experienced the problem like to make a backup copy of their current config to try creating a new config? Or, have one of you that's experienced it use flexRSS on the old version on the same machine? Deluge's output when running it from cli might be useful, too.
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

OK I got it working, here's what I did.

1. completely remove deluge via synaptic package manager
2. ran the following:

Code: Select all

mv ~/.config/deluge ~/.config/deluge-old
sudo -i
rm -r /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/
rm -r /usr/lib/python-support/deluge-torrent/
exit
3. re-installed deluge via the i386 .deb on the downloads page
4. downloaded flexRSS-0.1.egg into my home directory
5. ran the following:

Code: Select all

sudo mv ~/flexRSS-0.1.egg /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/plugins/
Started deluge and it worked fine. Need to reconfigure (didnt try copying back old config files as I guess that are the cause of the problem), but I now see the FlexRSS preferences.

BTW I am a web developer by trade and I'd be happy to do what I can to get the webui support for this plugin up and running. I only know a small amount of python though, and I'm guessing that's how it's implemented, but if I can be of any help let me know.
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

Mindzai wrote:OK I got it working, ... (didnt try copying back old config files as I guess that [they] are the cause of the problem) ...
Excellent. I need to add that to the original post as a known issue/limitation.
reference2myself
New User
New User

Post by reference2myself »

I got it working, it was a problem with lingering config files from the old flesrss plugin, i deleted them all and everything works fine, thanks
carl689

Post by carl689 »

Is anybody else missing the ability to choose the download folder?