1.1.7 issues with vista/7

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ryan92084
New User
New User

1.1.7 issues with vista/7

Post by ryan92084 »

1)using the tray icon to pause/resume all no longer functions.

2)directly opening torrents from a browser (ie7/8 and chrome tested) occasionally causes the add torrent confirmation box to appear in a minimized for at the bottom left corner of the screen. I haven't been able to find a way to access the confirmation page without shutting deluge down. Alternating between opening one torrent with deluge open and one torrent with deluge closed to the tray seems to prevent this issue.

3)deluge.exe still runs after shutting down the program occasionally. this occurs with much less frequency than before.

3)when you add a new torrent it will not recognize a full or partial version of the file in the same directory. it still downloads the file though it doesn't seem to put it anywhere. this issue (or am i just missing an option? )has been in all versions since 1.10 at least.

4)torrents that contain lots of files (like 1000 wallpapers for example) cause deluge to freeze and the torrent is not added.
Last edited by ryan92084 on Fri May 22, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: 1.1.7 issues with vista/7

Post by loki »

I know the first problem was fixed in 1.1.8.

As for the other ones, I too have had a bit of a problem with the torrent add box, mine seems to pop-under the browser window randomly, about half the time. It just causes me to open deluge from the tray or minimize the browser window. Was your preferences set to always show and bring dialog to focus?
deluge.exe will continue to run after you shut down if you were running the webUI as well as the console since it also shows up as deluge.exe.
And I'm not sure what you mean by it not recognizing a full or partial file in the same directory.
I just added a torrent with 1000+ wallpapers and it added just fine, it did take a while for the add dialog to open but it did add and start downloading and it didn't freeze. I also just added a 14GB file without problem.
ryan92084
New User
New User

Post by ryan92084 »

clarification, i'll number the five issues for sake of ease
1) yay (of course i had to post this hours before a new release )

2) Yes i have it set to bring dialog to focus. The problem isn't the dialog box not apearing in the foreground or the background but instead that it apears as a very small title bar right above my start menu with the option to close ( see screen shot). if i close it and try to open another torrent either the same thing happens or i won't get any confirmation box at all.

3)afaik i don't use the webui. when i open deluge i get two programs running in the taskmanager (deluge.exe and deluged.exe) occasionally one of them will stick and chew up ram untill i manually shut it down.

4)lets say i have a file downloaded in the correct directory but i used another torrent program (or have since deleted the torrent which i used to download the file from deluge) if i readd the torrent it doesn't check the file already in place or even notice it's existance.

5) i'm sorry i meant 10000 http://www.mininova.org/det/2503815 for example. i also had the issue with a torrent that contained a large amount of manga but since that was the first time i had just assumed it was a problem with that torrent was able to add it finally not sure why it worked this time and not the other 10 times le sigh

now i'm off to download 1.8
loki

Post by loki »

#2, Looks like the add torrents dialog window was not the right size somehow... there has to be a way to set that size somewhere. Is there a way to resize it like any other window, mine doesn't change size when trying to drag it smaller or bigger.
#3, I used to have this problem quite a while ago, I would say make sure all old versions are uninstalled and reinstall latest version?
#4, Only if the folder or file name was different. As long as you pointed it to the right location and the files are the same when you add a torrent that was already downloaded or partially downloaded it should always do a recheck and see how much is already downloaded.
#5, So you did get it to work?

#2 and #3 might be related as far as uninstalling all old versions and reinstalling latest.
ryan92084
New User
New User

Post by ryan92084 »

1.7 was the first version i installed on a clean windows

i tried to relicate problem 2 after installing 1.8 and haven't been able to. and problem 3 happens very rarely anymore but it does still exist (as of 1.7 anyway)

for problem 4 thats the thing it is pointed in the right place and the file is exactly the same ... i can't figure out where deluge is even putting what it is downloading. my defualt path is set up to point to the right folder. i've tried repointing it to the directory after adding the torrent and then forcing a file check and that doesn't do anything either. i've never had this issue before with any other torrent program but i'll keep playing with it.

and yes problem 5 seemed to be fixed by a computer restart... or something. the large torrent still slows the bejesus out of deluge by sellecting it but i doubt theres much to be done about that.
ryan92084
New User
New User

Post by ryan92084 »

bah issue #2 still persists 1.1.8 . I can't find a sure fire way to replicate this problem. Basically it just requires deluge to have been running for a while and during this time have opened multiple torrents. then sometimes when you opena torrent the deluge icon in the taskbar will flash (as its supposed to do when you get a confirmation box) but when you go to deluge there will be no confirmation box. It is only after minimizing the window (to the taskbar and not the system tray) that the small bar appears. If you right click the bar and choose restore it just restores deluge and there is still no confirmation box.
loki

Post by loki »

My notification is turned off, I don't see how the two could be related though...
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Just thought I'd mention that I am also seeing issue #2 with 1.1.8 on the Windows 7 RC.
ryan92084
New User
New User

Post by ryan92084 »

well at least i'm not crazy

the only issues present for me with 1.1.8 are #2 and #3 (both have occured once wince switching)
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I haven't been connecting to deluge from my win7 machine recently, but I just ran into issue #2 on Vista Home Premium 32 bit today over remote desktop. Running 1.1.9. This is the first time it has happened on a non windows 7 computer for me.