Transfering files to seed box

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
richymun4
New User
New User

Transfering files to seed box

Post by richymun4 »

Hello can someone please tell me how i transfer my files to my seed box. When i used utorrent i used to browse to C>documents and settings>my name>application data>utorrent double click the file that i wanted and that was it.Can someone tell me what the path would be for deluge i cant seem to find it and it don't mention this in the faq thanks rich.
richymun4
New User
New User

Re: Transfering files to seed box

Post by richymun4 »

I think i need to find the metafile for the film not sure though someone must be able to tell me were im going wrong. :cry:
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

are you asking where deluge stores the .torrent? or where it downloads the file to?
richymun4
New User
New User

Post by richymun4 »

Yes i think it is were it stores the torrent i know were the films are when i want to watch them.and extract them .In utorrent it stores a file of the film in utorrents application folder that's the one that goes into torrent flux and it puts the rar or zip files in my documents to be extracted then watched. The files i have to extracted cant be put into torrent flux that way.But i tried going to c>documents and settings>my name>>application data>deluge but there is no metafiles of the film there its a bit hard to explain i like deluge now i have been using it and don't want to go back to utorrent ta rich.I cant believe i cant figure this out its got me stumped.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

what version of deluge are you using?
deluge used to store the torrent files in %APPDATA%\deluge\torrents however I have a feeling in the latest version (1.1.9) it doesn't.
you can however specify a folder to keep the copies of the .torrents in:
  1. Preferences
  2. Downloads
  3. Check "Copy of .torrent files to"
  4. Enter directory of where to save the .torrent files to
  5. OK
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

johnnyg wrote:deluge used to store the torrent files in %APPDATA%\deluge\torrents however I have a feeling in the latest version (1.1.9) it doesn't.
Torrents and fastresume information are stored in %APPDATA%\deluge\state. This hasn't changed between 1.1.9 and earlier 1.1.x versions.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

yes but it removes the .torrent when you remove it from deluge (default behaviour in 0.5.x was to leave it).
richymun4
New User
New User

Post by richymun4 »

I have found how to do if i do it how johnnyg said it still wont work i get this error in torrent flux
The type of file Top_Gear.13x01.WS_PDTV_XviD-FoV is not allowed.
valid file-extensions:
.torrent, .wget, .nzb

but i drowsed to %appata%\deeluge\state and the file was there it didt have the name of top gear next to it.It just a load of numbers its not like utorent that
displays the name next to the file.I did'nt think it would be this hard say i have multiple films i wont know whats what maybe this should be looked into or maybe im still doing it wrong.
richymun4
New User
New User

Post by richymun4 »

I like deluge alot but i cant use it at the moment because it doesn't store the torrent extension properly so torrents can be uploaded to seed boxes properly i hope that this will be fixed in future versions so iam using utorrent because its so straight forward to transfer files to seed box but i would rather be using deluge because i think it is the best p2p client around at the moment so ill see if anything changes in the next build. :cry: