Can't Force Re Check

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Can't Force Re Check

Post by JXBlack »

I have a lot of partial downloads that I saved from by old Hard Drive.

I'm trying to get these torrents to start up where they left off and not at Progress 0.00%
My prosess:

#1 One at a time i move thr old partials into the current download folder.
#2 I search out the old torrent and put it in my Deluge Torrent folder.
#3 I add the torrent to Deluge.
#4 I quickly click force re-check

Is this the proper procedure?

Because when I do this,,,,,,,,,the left col shows checking for a few seconds and then the torrent pops up on the main screen with Progress 0.00%, and I know that some of these downloads were more than 50% completed.

Another Question

My ISP is an infamous traffic shaper so I suppose that I shoud force encryption and Encrypt Entire Stream??

What about the Network Extras. Which should be checked?
I don't have a ststic IP.

Thansk
loki

Re: Can't Force Re Check

Post by loki »

I don't see the need for step 2 where you put the old torrent in your torrent folder, doesn't it add the torrent from any location and create a copy of the torrent folder?
The process you're using should work as long as you are making sure you have the exact same files and/or folders for the torrents, and make sure you select the folder above the one containing the file/folder of the torrent in question (hope that makes since). I thought we just solved this problem for you a few days ago here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 25&p=94475
If you did it properly it should add the torrent and check the file right away, this is the process I've used many times for seeding torrents or re-seeding torrents. I believe step 4 shouldn't be required, it should detect the partial files on torrent add.
Another way at this you could try, add the torrent, pause it right away, copy the partial files/folders over to their proper location, then do force re-check.

If it detects bad data in any of the chunk hashes it'll overwrite those chunks and start over, but I doubt it would completely start over since you said some were 50% unless files were modified in some way, or if they were renamed it just wouldn't find them.

Yes, best option to evade traffic shaping would be forced and entire stream (keep in mind this is also likely to reduce your peer and seed options since you'll only connect to peers/seeds that encrypt). And network extras, they are all optional and depending on your specific needs you may check some, none, all. In most cases I would suggest peer exchange and DHT, not recommended to enable DHT if you are on a private tracker however, if you are you hopefully already know this. The others are more or less for special circumstances. Not sure what they all do specifically but, UPnP should be used to hopefully get your port through a firewall, notorious for not working for a few people various reasons lately (I would suggest configuring a port instead of UPnP, some don't have that option though).
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Can't Force Re Check

Post by JXBlack »

Many thanks for your kind reply.
I had to revert to 1.1.0 to get Deluge working at some reasonable rate and thanks to your advice, I have managed to recoup most of the previously downloaded partials.

Thanks again,