Instalation Problem

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Instalation Problem

Post by JXBlack »

#1 I have created a folder on my E:/ drive .......Deluge Downloads. I am unable to direct my downloads to this folder, it seems I can only select into which Drive they go. How can I get them to go to a specific folder.

#2 It has been some time since I set up my previous Deluge and I need some direction on setting all the bells and whistles. I am unable to set up a fixed Ip address. and my internet line is 4 megs down and about 400 K up>

Thanks
loki

Re: Instalation Problem

Post by loki »

#1 Preferences, Downloads, Download to... There should be a drop down type tab that opens allowing you to select drives and etc... select one called 'Other...' opens an explorer type window, simply navigate it to the drive and folder you want it set as.

#2 Setting a fixed (ie. static) IP address varies from operating systems. Probably best place to look for interactive kinda guides is: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

For download I would say unlimited, and upload I would usually allow a little cushion say 80-90% of rated speed. Maybe set it at 45 and see if it doesn't bog down the download speed, ideally you should be able to set it so that you can run full speed in both download and upload. As for the other settings, it is highly debatable, however these are my tried and true working settings. I have a very similar speed setup on my connection if you want my values. From top to bottom bandwidth tab is set as follows: 200, 4, -1, 50, 4, 20, Ignore limits on local network, the rest unlimited.
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Many thanks for your helpful advice. I have managed to set my downloads to a folder >>>Deluge Downloads<<< on E drive.

New Problem

Prior to the reconditioning of my computer I saved a large number of active torrents to a data drive and I also saved the corresponding downloads which ranged from 1% to 90%. I assumed that I could put these partial downloads in E:/Deluge Downloads........and Deluge would see them and start downloading the balance of the film etc. It's not working. When I start the torrent Deluge begins the download at 0% instead of completing the balance of the download

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Right click on the torrent and select "force recheck", that should do the trick.
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Whoopee!
It works.

Thanks
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

It looks like I spoke too soon!

My download speed is now averaging less than 1and my upload speed is 0.
When I click anything it takes 2 or 3 seconds to respond.
My computer seems okay with other programs and my internet connection looks good because I can surf with normal response times.

I don't think its 1.1.8 because 2 days ago I was getting 120 kB

I can't think what to do except possibly revert to Deluge 1.1.0 or 1.1.4. Frankly I can't remember what I was operating before I reconditioned my machine.

If anyone has any ideas, please respond!

Would it be any problem installing 1.1.0 or 1.1.4 on top of 1.1.8?
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

I have just noticed that Windows Task Manager_ Processes shows I have 2 Deluge,exe

Deluge.exe 29K
Deluged.exe 21K

Is this normal?
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

JXBlack wrote:I have just noticed that Windows Task Manager_ Processes shows I have 2 Deluge,exe

Deluge.exe 29K
Deluged.exe 21K

Is this normal?
Yes, deluged is the daemon which handles the actual torrent connections, and deluge is the GUI which communicates with the daemon.