Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Win 7 RC 64 bit

Post by JXBlack »

Firstly, what is the latest version of Deluge that
works with WinXP?

I have just reconditioned my computer and put on a dual boot.

WinXP SP3
Win 7 RC 64 bit

Can I use Deluge with The Win 7 OS?

Thanks
jesperl

Re: Win 7 RC 64 bit

Post by jesperl »

The latest version 1.1.8 should work on both platforms. There is no 64-bit version of deluge, so just install the win32 version.
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Thanks for your reply.

Is the 1.1.8 version self contained or do I need to download some other software?
This 64 bit version was installed by the computer shop, I'm not really up to installing Windows. Is it essential that I use the 32 biy version or is it possible for the 64 bit to work?

Thanks agait
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

JXBlack wrote:Is the 1.1.8 version self contained or do I need to download some other software?
Self-contained. There is a dependency on the GTK+ GUI libs, but the deluge installer will check whether you have that library installed, and if not download it and install it for you.
JXBlack wrote:This 64 bit version was installed by the computer shop, I'm not really up to installing Windows. Is it essential that I use the 32 biy version or is it possible for the 64 bit to work?
I'm not sure that I understand your question? There is no 64-bit deluge right now. If you have deluge 1.1.0 or earlier installed, you need to uninstall that before installing 1.1.8.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

He's saying that windows 64bit was installed by the computer shop and asking if deluge 32bit will work on it.
the answer to that is yes it should.
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Yes that was my question. When I return to the shop I will have the 32 bit version installed. In the meantime I have reverted to WinXP
I found 3 versions of Deluge 1.1.8 . I downloaded the biggest one........tar.gz. Is that the correct one?
How do I install a file like this on windows.

Thanks again
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

JXBlack wrote:Yes that was my question. When I return to the shop I will have the 32 bit version installed. In the meantime I have reverted to WinXP
I found 3 versions of Deluge 1.1.8 . I downloaded the biggest one........tar.gz. Is that the correct one?
How do I install a file like this on windows.

Thanks again
There is no problem with installing 32-bit deluge on 64-bit Windows. Lots of applications are 32-bit only, including Microsoft Office. Whether you want 32-bit or 64-bit Windows is entirely up to you.

Get the Windows installer here. The tar.gz packages are source code if you want to compile deluge yourself, but you don't want that when there's an installer available :-)