Deluge 1.1.1 Released!

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
darude

Re: Deluge 1.1.1 Released!

Post by darude »

mojoxojom wrote:COOLNESS!!!

Okay I downloaded the 1.1.0 .msi installer for Windows and put it on my brother's WinXP box and had NO TROUBLES connecting to my Ubuntu Desktop's daemon (running 1.1.1). I will note that 1.1.0 on Windows informed me that 1.1.1 was available, but the Windows version doesn't seem to know that only the Linux 1.1.1 is available. Adding the username:password to the ~/.config/deluge/auth file was as simple as it gets (unless your mouseochistic and like to click thru bunches of dialogs). I am also starting to understand how you guys intend the Lables to work. I like the idea of automatically adding torrents from particular trackers to certain labels... great for genre / content specific trackers. And being able to set up/down rates and move-when-completed directories by label is awesome. I still had notions of using the Label system to do my user management having 3 people attaching to the same daemon. For now, since we co-locate all our media on the same server, music, movies, ebooks, software, et all can be funneled to the right place for central access. I am going to see how it deals with CIFS/SMB (Windows share) mountpoints on the Linux box to put "personal" torrents back onto each of our desktops over a network connection.

Thanks again and I will try to give you all more feedback after toying with it for a while. As of the moment, I am super excited to move my roommates to using the Windows client against my Linux daemon. You ROCK!!!

Mojo
hey buddy,
really cool idea, please keep us informed with these kind of stuff.
I am doing the same thing on my server-like machine in the kitchen. (no screen or keyboard) ;)
I use the webui with me room-mate in cooperation, maybe there will be a login-wise solution to seperate the torrents and directories listed in the webui and visible in samba-shares. But for now some nice labels would do the thing too.

bye, darude
bckspc
New User
New User

Post by bckspc »

mojoxojom wrote:COOLNESS!!!

Okay I downloaded the 1.1.0 .msi installer for Windows and put it on my brother's WinXP box and had NO TROUBLES connecting to my Ubuntu Desktop's daemon (running 1.1.1). I will note that 1.1.0 on Windows informed me that 1.1.1 was available, but the Windows version doesn't seem to know that only the Linux 1.1.1 is available. Adding the username:password to the ~/.config/deluge/auth file was as simple as it gets (unless your mouseochistic and like to click thru bunches of dialogs). I am also starting to understand how you guys intend the Lables to work. I like the idea of automatically adding torrents from particular trackers to certain labels... great for genre / content specific trackers. And being able to set up/down rates and move-when-completed directories by label is awesome. I still had notions of using the Label system to do my user management having 3 people attaching to the same daemon. For now, since we co-locate all our media on the same server, music, movies, ebooks, software, et all can be funneled to the right place for central access. I am going to see how it deals with CIFS/SMB (Windows share) mountpoints on the Linux box to put "personal" torrents back onto each of our desktops over a network connection.

Thanks again and I will try to give you all more feedback after toying with it for a while. As of the moment, I am super excited to move my roommates to using the Windows client against my Linux daemon. You ROCK!!!

Mojo

Hi!.

I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 Server also with no keyboard or monitor and Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop for work.
I had deluge 1.1.0 daemon on the server and updated only the client to 1.1.1 and I kept saying that I had version 1.1.1 and that an update was available to version 1.1.1

I think that when running the client connecting to a daemon other than localhost, the server checks to see I there is an update and flags the client, the client instead of reporting the server version, reports both versions (old and new) of the client hence I had a message reporting old version: 1.1.1 and new version 1.1.1.

Now that I managed to update the server ignoring the dependencies (one of my previous posts had a note saying that .deb file failed dependencies on 7.04), the client doesn't report a new version found anymore, because the server is on the latest version: 1.1.1.

I don't know if someone already filed this as a bug of if it's a bug at all. If this is a bug and idea would be to report both client and server versions and indicate which ones are outdated. And dreaming a little more, update both server and client from the client side. (In my case it would have to download the deb version 7.04 for the server and .deb 9.04 to the client and apply the server deb remotely).

Well, I'm pretty happy with 1.1.1., just waiting for 1.1.2 to fix the torrents hanging on "checking".
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

bckspc wrote:I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 server (gutsy) with kernel 2.6.22-16-server.

When I try to install with

Code: Select all

dpkg -i deluge-torrent_1.1.1-1_i386.gutsy.deb
I get the error:

Preparing to replace deluge-torrent 1.1.1-1 (using deluge-torrent_1.1.1-1_i386.gutsy.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement deluge-torrent ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of deluge-torrent:
 deluge-torrent depends on python-pkg-resources; however:
  Package python-pkg-resources is not installed.
dpkg: error processing deluge-torrent (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 deluge-torrent
When I try to get the package python-pkg-resources using:

apt-get install python-pkg-resources
I get the error:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package python-pkg-resources is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package python-pkg-resources has no installation candidate

Any ideas?
7.04 is feisty not gutsy.
mojoxojom

Post by mojoxojom »

I am running on hardy amd64 at the desktop but will be installing the deluge daemon on an x86 server... sadly the sata ports won't work on the mobo.. via chips are fine w/linux but even the bios won't recognize sata drive... and out of warranty. So I have not been able to put the media share drives on that box. We are looking to get a PCI multi-port sata card soon to build the raid, so soon the server will be living up to it's role. I am thinking of installing deluge on it now anyway and using cifs mounts or nfs back to my desktop any my brother's xp box where the media lives now (music on mine, movies on his).

On my amd64 hardy desktop I am using the packages available in the ppa... In my /etc/apt/sources.list file I have the following:

# for deluge torrent
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ubuntu hardy main
You of course have Gutsy, so I don't know if they have packages for you or not.

Good Luck!

Mojo
mojoxojom

Post by mojoxojom »

mojoxojom wrote: You of course have Gutsy, so I don't know if they have packages for you or not.
Well I looked at http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ppa/ubuntu/dists/ and they have folders going back to edgy, so you may be in luck using the PPA. Here is the Deluge Team's page on Launchpad... https://launchpad.net/~deluge-team. Maybe you can try the following?...

# for deluge torrent
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ubuntu gutsy main
Again, Good Luck!

Mojo