Suggestions and discussion of future versions
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 1.1.0 Released!

Post by andar »

abubin wrote:deluged -L debug -l /root/.config/deluge/deluged.log

Fedora 9
The above command works in RC2 and RC3 but not in 1.1.0. In 1.1.0, the debug will just output to screen eventhough I asked it to put into log file. Or am I doing something wrong?
No, it's a bug.. I've just fixed it in svn and it will be in the next bug fix release.
deluge_devil
New User
New User

Post by deluge_devil »

Hey!

First to fall thanks for the great work!

But there`s one thing... Limiting the number of upload slots doesn`t work. I set it to 6 but it connects to every source available. I´m using Deluge 1.1.0 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Thanks in advance for fixing it.

Kind regards
yawie

Post by yawie »

Upload slot is the number of simultaneous peer to which you can upload.
Number of connections (or half open connections) is not related to number of upload slot.

Are you sure you are referring to upload slot ?
ijanos

Post by ijanos »

Hey guys, great release, good features but i noticed that the memory usage of the deluged process jumped from about 30megabytes to 50. I think the deamon process should be lighter on the resources.
deluge_devil
New User
New User

Post by deluge_devil »

yawie wrote:Upload slot is the number of simultaneous peer to which you can upload.
Number of connections (or half open connections) is not related to number of upload slot.

Yes I´m sure! I limited the number of simultaneous peers to upload to 6, but it still tries to upload to every peer I´m connected with.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

deluge_devil wrote:
yawie wrote:Upload slot is the number of simultaneous peer to which you can upload.

Yes I´m sure! I limited the number of simultaneous peers to upload to 6, but it still tries to upload to every peer I´m connected with.
Deluge will automatically open up more upload slots if you are not using your maximum upload speed.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

andar wrote:Deluge will automatically open up more upload slots if you are not using your maximum upload speed.
Is that behavior different from 1.0.7? I prefer to let the QoS in my router (Asus with OpenWRT) handle the rate limiting, so I set the deluge upload speed as 'unlimited'. As far as I can remember, 1.0.7 does not use more upload slots than the per-torrent limit.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

jesperl wrote:
andar wrote:Deluge will automatically open up more upload slots if you are not using your maximum upload speed.
Is that behavior different from 1.0.7? I prefer to let the QoS in my router (Asus with OpenWRT) handle the rate limiting, so I set the deluge upload speed as 'unlimited'. As far as I can remember, 1.0.7 does not use more upload slots than the per-torrent limit.
It's the same behaviour, but if you don't have a rate limit set for your upstream then it won't open up new slots since it doesn't know your max upstream.
darude

Post by darude »

srv1973 wrote:Hi,

In the thread for RC3 I mentioned that I had strange trouble on Ubuntu 8.10, basically making deluge unusable. I'd just like to say that 1.1.0 seems to fix all those earlier problems, and that it is working (mostly) fine.
Sorry, but I have to admit, i still have these strange problems. I deleted my complete config dir and only reused my state directory and still stucks the daemon, especially when I resume a torrent (maybe I have to delete my state dir too, i'll test that later)

bye, darude
garnertr

Post by garnertr »

Would be nice that when an update is posted, have a direct link. I know I'm lazy and could just click but its nice to have the link right here in your advertisement... just a suggestion. Thanks!