Ratio Statistics Reset on Exit

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kava_kicks

Ratio Statistics Reset on Exit

Post by kava_kicks »

Hi,

Not sure if this is by design or not, but the ratio statistics are reset every time Deluge is restarted. This is a problem when you are trying to do the 'right' thing by keeping torrents seeded until they reach a minimum ratio (say 2.0) .. but you reboot and/or restart deluge on a regular basis. Is there any way to make the statistics persist between restarts?

Other than that, I think the program works really well - just what I was looking for.

Thanks.
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Ratio Statistics Reset on Exit

Post by markybob »

kava_kicks wrote:Hi,

Not sure if this is by design or not, but the ratio statistics are reset every time Deluge is restarted. This is a problem when you are trying to do the 'right' thing by keeping torrents seeded until they reach a minimum ratio (say 2.0) .. but you reboot and/or restart deluge on a regular basis. Is there any way to make the statistics persist between restarts?

Other than that, I think the program works really well - just what I was looking for.

Thanks.
decax

Post by decax »

I just wanna say that I too have this problem, and I always close deluge the "correct way".

That sucks because I've uploaded gigs and gigs of stuff but I cannot get to a ratio of 1.0.

If anyone has a solution, I'm really interested.
lifestyle

Post by lifestyle »

I am using Deluge on Ubuntu Linux 0.5.8 and this bug is less problematic than it used to be... that is, the ratio resets itself only if there was a crash or improper shutdown... nonetheless, this feature is important and I, too, hope that ratios can be remembered by the program no matter what happens. Just like the way it works in other torrent clients.

I love Deluge!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

lifestyle wrote:I am using Deluge on Ubuntu Linux 0.5.8 and this bug is less problematic than it used to be... that is, the ratio resets itself only if there was a crash or improper shutdown... nonetheless, this feature is important and I, too, hope that ratios can be remembered by the program no matter what happens. Just like the way it works in other torrent clients.

I love Deluge!
that was a post from august. deluge *does* save ratio even on a crash now. the most you'll lose is one minute's worth of data...which does mean that deluge needs to have been running for at least a minute to save ratio info.
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Post by lostincyberspace »

I have been having problems of deluge not saving the state if I shut down at all correctly or incorrectly. it is really weird. I keep the ratio though
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

lostincyberspace wrote:I have been having problems of deluge not saving the state if I shut down at all correctly or incorrectly. it is really weird. I keep the ratio though
yes, saving state is sometimes a problem. we're working on that for 0.5.9 as well as 0.6. svn already has quite a few improvements over 0.5.8 when it comes to that. in particular, we've changed how we handle fast resume, which should prevent rechecking torrents after (most) crashes
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Sounds great I will have to check it out soon.
lifestyle

Post by lifestyle »

markybob wrote:that was a post from august. deluge *does* save ratio even on a crash now. the most you'll lose is one minute's worth of data...which does mean that deluge needs to have been running for at least a minute to save ratio info.
Great man... I will observe the ratio behaviours more carefully and report back here should I see anything unexpected. Thanks pal!

Love from Singapore, Rykel
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

I noticed it was doing a lot better at checking them since mine is crashing I think on its new save state thing and I can get through 5-6 5gig torrents in that time.