Deluge crashes my system

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jmc1

Deluge crashes my system

Post by jmc1 »

It's been driving me nuts for a while now, but ever since I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop, my computer's been locking up, forcing me to restart the computer like it was running on Windows 98. Other times, though, it was as stable as a tank, which made me think it was a program that was doing this. I originally assumed that it was surfing cpu-intensive websites on Firefox, but I've now realized that the crashes happen only when Deluge is open - randomly, but almost always within 15 minutes of booting up. When I leave the computer alone it works fine, but if I'm not going to do anything while downloading I might as well be using Azureus.

Is this just a problem with my computer or is it a common problem? I can send whatever info on the system you'd need, as long as you tell me how to get it. I'm not that experienced with Linux.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge crashes my system

Post by markybob »

jmc1 wrote:It's been driving me nuts for a while now, but ever since I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop, my computer's been locking up, forcing me to restart the computer like it was running on Windows 98. Other times, though, it was as stable as a tank, which made me think it was a program that was doing this. I originally assumed that it was surfing cpu-intensive websites on Firefox, but I've now realized that the crashes happen only when Deluge is open - randomly, but almost always within 15 minutes of booting up. When I leave the computer alone it works fine, but if I'm not going to do anything while downloading I might as well be using Azureus.

Is this just a problem with my computer or is it a common problem? I can send whatever info on the system you'd need, as long as you tell me how to get it. I'm not that experienced with Linux.
are you running 0.5.4.1, which is what comes with gutsy, or 0.5.7.1? you should upgrade and see if it helps
jmc1

Re: Deluge crashes my system

Post by jmc1 »

Hmmm, I figured I was running the latest version - I mean, you get automatic updates for other programs, right? Hopefully this works. Thanks for the help :)