Tracker reporting firewalled port when starting Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Shadowtester

Tracker reporting firewalled port when starting Deluge

Post by Shadowtester »

I have found that when I start deluge with several torrents paused the tracker will show my status as a firewalled/stealthed port error and some of the torrents will show on the tracker I am seeding as not connectable even when they were paused when I started. To clear the firewalled/stealthed port error on the tracker I have to start all the torrent then only some of them will show as connectable. To fix that problem I have to pause all the torrents again then restart them. After I restart them the firewall/stealthed port error will clear and all the torrents will show as connectable. Not so much of a problem as an observation and solution to the problem to maybe help others who have also seen this behavior using Deluge.

OS being used is Kubuntu 7.10 Deluge ver 0.571
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Tracker reporting firewalled port when starting Deluge

Post by markybob »

Shadowtester wrote:I have found that when I start deluge with several torrents paused the tracker will show my status as a firewalled/stealthed port error and some of the torrents will show on the tracker I am seeding as not connectable even when they were paused when I started. To clear the firewalled/stealthed port error on the tracker I have to start all the torrent then only some of them will show as connectable. To fix that problem I have to pause all the torrents again then restart them. After I restart them the firewall/stealthed port error will clear and all the torrents will show as connectable. Not so much of a problem as an observation and solution to the problem to maybe help others who have also seen this behavior using Deluge.

OS being used is Kubuntu 7.10 Deluge ver 0.571
did you forward your port? are you using different port numbers than the default like the faq says? did you try "test active port" in the network tab in preferences?
Shadowtester

Re: Tracker reporting firewalled port when starting Deluge

Post by Shadowtester »

I am not using an standard port and yes its forwarded in my router and works fine after I start all then pause all and restart all torrents the error clears then. I am using a port up in the 50000 range its not a issue with the isp or tracker just something with how Deluge starts up and initially reports to the tracker when the torrents are paused at startup. I always pause all the torrents I am seeding or downloading prior to exiting Deluge so that everything is reported to the tracker. So when I start Deluge all the torrents are always in a paused state. But deluge is sending some info to the tracker even when the torrents are paused which seem to be what is causing the error.