Problems with connecting to tracker?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Gasten

Problems with connecting to tracker?

Post by Gasten »

Hi! I've created a torrent, which I want to seed. I'm using Piratebay's tracker. Often when I open Deluge and start to seed, it sais seeds 0 (4), peers 0 (2) or something similar. After a while (15 sec ~ 1 min) all the seeds and peers disappear ( 0 (0), 0 (0)). I'm also downloading/seeding other torrent _with the exact tracker-setup_ without any problem. I got a NAT-firewall, but I'm sure that I've configured it correctly.

Do anyone else experience this problem, or know a solution to it?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Problems with connecting to tracker?

Post by markybob »

Gasten wrote:Hi! I've created a torrent, which I want to seed. I'm using Piratebay's tracker. Often when I open Deluge and start to seed, it sais seeds 0 (4), peers 0 (2) or something similar. After a while (15 sec ~ 1 min) all the seeds and peers disappear ( 0 (0), 0 (0)). I'm also downloading/seeding other torrent _with the exact tracker-setup_ without any problem. I got a NAT-firewall, but I'm sure that I've configured it correctly.

Do anyone else experience this problem, or know a solution to it?
what does the "test active port" button in the network tab of preferences tell you? also, make sure you have encryption enabled, but not forced. which version of deluge are you using? most likely, though, it's your isp sending you a peer reset message, which makes seeding pretty impossible. here's an article for more info on that (article is about comcast, but other isps do the same, too) http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-throttl ... mpossible/
Gasten

Post by Gasten »

I'm using deluge 0.5.4.1 with encryption enabled. I've recently fuzzed around with the firewall settings so right now they're closed (have to look into that...), but the behavior existed while they were wide open, too.

I could be experiencing throttling, in fact, I think I do! The only torrents that are seeding right now are the ones with 10~ trackers.

I'll looking into tunneling via ssh.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Gasten wrote:I'm using deluge 0.5.4.1 with encryption enabled. I've recently fuzzed around with the firewall settings so right now they're closed (have to look into that...), but the behavior existed while they were wide open, too.

I could be experiencing throttling, in fact, I think I do! The only torrents that are seeding right now are the ones with 10~ trackers.

I'll looking into tunneling via ssh.
you should upgrade to 0.5.7.1 and you really need to open your ports. good luck :)
Gasten

Post by Gasten »

Well, the seeds and peers doesn't seem to disappear now (seen them for a couple of minutes). Great!

However, I can't seem to open my ports again. I don't know much about security, so therefore I ask first: is it very dumb to post a screenshot with the firewall rules and make/model of the router? Or should I come by on irc?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Gasten wrote:Well, the seeds and peers doesn't seem to disappear now (seen them for a couple of minutes). Great!

However, I can't seem to open my ports again. I don't know much about security, so therefore I ask first: is it very dumb to post a screenshot with the firewall rules and make/model of the router? Or should I come by on irc?
best would be to go to portforward and choose your router and then follow the general guide or the guide for utorrent.

there's not really much harm in posting your make/model but odds are that site has more info on your router than we do.
Gasten

Post by Gasten »

Ok, I've got all of it working correctly now. Thanks. I'll come back if I get any more problem ;)

Thanks for a really really great program! Love it! Genius!