AttributeError: ... 'new_gc'

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ichernev

AttributeError: ... 'new_gc'

Post by ichernev »

Deluge 0.5.7.1 on Fedora Core 8, python 2.5.1

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 523, in tray_clicked
    self.update()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 1154, in update
    self.update_torrent_info_widget()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 1228, in update_torrent_info_widget
    self.tab_details.update(unique_id)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/tab_details.py", line 166, in update
    self.paint_customprogress()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/tab_details.py", line 82, in paint_customprogress
    gc = progress_window.new_gc()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'new_gc'
The Upload (and probably download) speed is not displayed correctly in the system tray (on mouseover). I have to click "show deluge" to see the CURRENT state - and it doesn't change (the up speed of all torrents remains the same - which is impossible :)) When I close and open deluge again (the window not the program) the speeds are different - there is a problem with the update as seen in the traceback :)

Ideas?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: AttributeError: ... 'new_gc'

Post by markybob »

ichernev wrote:Deluge 0.5.7.1 on Fedora Core 8, python 2.5.1

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 523, in tray_clicked
    self.update()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 1154, in update
    self.update_torrent_info_widget()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/interface.py", line 1228, in update_torrent_info_widget
    self.tab_details.update(unique_id)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/tab_details.py", line 166, in update
    self.paint_customprogress()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/tab_details.py", line 82, in paint_customprogress
    gc = progress_window.new_gc()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'new_gc'
The Upload (and probably download) speed is not displayed correctly in the system tray (on mouseover). I have to click "show deluge" to see the CURRENT state - and it doesn't change (the up speed of all torrents remains the same - which is impossible :)) When I close and open deluge again (the window not the program) the speeds are different - there is a problem with the update as seen in the traceback :)

Ideas?
you should rm ~/.config/deluge/prefs.state ~/.config/deluge/persistent.state
note that you'll need to reset your preferences after doing that
ichernev

Re: AttributeError: ... 'new_gc'

Post by ichernev »

Yes but I lose all torrents (they are ~40). I have to manually add them one by one ... :(
::EDIT::
removing only prefs.state (and keeping the old persistent.state) does the job - the torrents are back and the problem is gone :)
thank you!