Version problem

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Antis
New User
New User

Version problem

Post by Antis »

Hello.

I have a rather strange error, I've installed 0.5.7.1 and uninstalled it countless times, but my version of Deluge shows up as 0.5.6.25 no matter what I try. I've even manually deleted the files listed in the package, but nothing works.

A while back I installed a SVN version of Deluge, but I didn't find a proper way of uninstalling it before I installed an official package over it.

I know I have the 0.5.7.* version installed because it includes the advanced WebUI template, the advanced progress bar and the Autoload torrent option, but it still shows up as 0.5.6.25.

The reason I post is because 50% of the times I use the autoload feature Deluge crashes, and seeing as no one else is complaining about this I'm certain my install is corrupted.

Any advice would be helpful!
Antis
New User
New User

Re: Version problem

Post by Antis »

I ran deluge in the terminal just to see if it popped out any message when it crashed:

Code: Select all

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'libtorrent::invalid_encoding'
what(): invalid bencoding
Aborted
The torrent is autoloaded fine when I restart deluge, there's nothing wrong with the .torrent. Perhaps deluge is trying to load it while it's still being saved to the disk? Anyway the version display bug persists, I have no clue why!

The autoload directory is shared with Samba and the torrent file is transferred through Samba across the network, if that's significant.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

to uninstall a SVN, change into the deluge SVN directory and type:

Code: Select all

sudo make uninstall
that should remove the installed SVN version.

as for the crashing with autoload, deluge crashed on me when it was running and I downloaded a torrent into the autoload folder. I didn't bother seeing if it was reproducible, I'll try it again.
Antis
New User
New User

Post by Antis »

ok I uninstalled the official package, checked out and installed a SVN version, did sudo make uninstall to remove it, then reinstalled the official package and now it finally shows 0.5.7.1!

However, it still crashes when autoloading torrent files. Should I make a new topic about it? Current topic is misleading.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Antis wrote:ok I uninstalled the official package, checked out and installed a SVN version, did sudo make uninstall to remove it, then reinstalled the official package and now it finally shows 0.5.7.1!

However, it still crashes when autoloading torrent files. Should I make a new topic about it? Current topic is misleading.
yes. also, start deluge from command prompt to get a proper error message