Problem reloading torrents.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
doneheal

Problem reloading torrents.

Post by doneheal »

I got the problem where the deluge did not appear, and I did this step, delete the persistent.state, and lose all the torrents. It worked, my deluge appear but, when I reload the torrents again , the previous torrents that I was downloading, started form the beginning, and overwrite the old one. Isnt it supposed to start the downloading from where it left of as stated in FAQ?

Im using win XP professional.

Hoping that anyone can help me.
thank you.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Problem reloading torrents.

Post by markybob »

doneheal wrote:I got the problem where the deluge did not appear, and I did this step, delete the persistent.state, and lose all the torrents. It worked, my deluge appear but, when I reload the torrents again , the previous torrents that I was downloading, started form the beginning, and overwrite the old one. Isnt it supposed to start the downloading from where it left of as stated in FAQ?

Im using win XP professional.

Hoping that anyone can help me.
thank you.
from where it left off. you're probably getting the directories messed up. if a torrent has a folder inside of it, say, foo, and you load it up for the second time in deluge, you need to tell deluge to save to c:\downloads and *not* c:\downloads\foo ...otherwise deluge will make c:\downloads\foo\foo and start clean.
doneheal

Re: Problem reloading torrents.

Post by doneheal »

Owh.. I see.. thanx for the info. I thought it was becoz of the persistent file.. Thanx again for your help.