'Delete .torrent file' does not works..

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

'Delete .torrent file' does not works..

Post by mezz »

When I remove torrent from list in Deluge, then a dialog pops up and there has two options. The two options, 'Delete downloaded files' and 'Delete .torrent file'. The 'Delete .torrent file' doesn't work, but the 'Delete downloaded files' works perfect. There is no error in output of console. Can anyone point me which delete .torrent file function in source code file? I am not skill on Python, but sometime I can poke it luck. Thanks.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: 'Delete .torrent file' does not works..

Post by markybob »

mezz wrote:When I remove torrent from list in Deluge, then a dialog pops up and there has two options. The two options, 'Delete downloaded files' and 'Delete .torrent file'. The 'Delete .torrent file' doesn't work, but the 'Delete downloaded files' works perfect. There is no error in output of console. Can anyone point me which delete .torrent file function in source code file? I am not skill on Python, but sometime I can poke it luck. Thanks.
it deletes the copy in ~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles/
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

Oh... I thought that it means to remove orignal .torrent file. It does work to remove the backup torrents. Why does Deluge needs to copy and put in ~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles/? Shouldn't that backup .torrent file be always remove when you remove from the list and 'Delete .torrent file' is for orignal .torrent file? If not plan to change, how about reword the 'Delete .torrent file' to something like 'Delete backup .torrent file'?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

mezz wrote:Oh... I thought that it means to remove orignal .torrent file. It does work to remove the backup torrents. Why does Deluge needs to copy and put in ~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles/? Shouldn't that backup .torrent file be always remove when you remove from the list and 'Delete .torrent file' is for orignal .torrent file? If not plan to change, how about reword the 'Delete .torrent file' to something like 'Delete backup .torrent file'?
it's not changing. we could rephrase it, though. this is the exact same way that other clients do it, too. in utorrent, when you click "remove data and .torrent file", it deletes its backup, not the original. there's no way for us to keep track of the original. if the user deletes it or moves it, we'd be in trouble. deluge needs to keep a torrent file until downloading is finished, for piece hash information. most people dont keep their torrent files until the client is finished, so we keep a backup and use that. in fact, a lot of people dont even download the torrent files and just add it to deluge via "add url". then we give users the option to keep it as a backup archive or remove it.
mezz
Leecher
Leecher

Post by mezz »

I don't really know much about utorrent, so it's a bit strange for me. Rephrase it would be nice, but not much deal if other clients are doing same. Thanks.

That got me a think, how about add a new option in perference for if add a new torrent, then copy and delete orignal (move)? Do that will making the orignal of 'Delete .torrent file' more sense?