Latest Deluge very slow compared to 0.5.8.9

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
brad

Latest Deluge very slow compared to 0.5.8.9

Post by brad »

I am running Uubuntu 8.04 on Linux Kernel 2.6.24.19-generic. I was running the latest version of Deluge provided by the default Ubuntu repositories (Deluge 0.5.8.9). I was downloading 2 files at a total speed of about 800KBs.

I closed deluge, uninstalled it, downloaded the latest version from the deluge website (deluge-torrent_0.9.03-1_amd64.hardy.deb). I opened the same torrent files i was downloading before, it rechecked and resumed where I left off, however, downloads would not go much faster than 20-30KBs. I checked the settings, made sure the port specified was open (using test active port button).

On both the old version and the new version i limited upload speed to 30kbs. I noticed when I set upload speed to unlimited, download speeds improved greatly, however they still were no where near what i was getting before. Does the newer version favor higher upload speeds?

To confirm it wasn't just a fluke, i uninstalled the latest deluge, installed the version in the repository again, and download speeds were very fast again.
jamisona

Re: Latest Deluge very slow compared to 0.5.8.9

Post by jamisona »

I have experienced the same issue. I limit my connection in 250KBs down and 25KBs up. After upgrading to 1.0.0_RC3 I have experienced a number of crashes as well as all the torrents that were running when I upgraded I lost. After I added the torrents the speed has been terrible. If I am lucky I get 50KBs on a very popular torrent and the upload seems very unstable as well. I tried turning off and uncapping everything and that hasn't worked. The torrent I am currently downloading decided to stop downloading at 51% and I had to restart deluge to get it to move. I am also running Ubuntu (Kubuntu) 8.04. May its a bug in only this version? I am going to try to figure out some more later today.
BK201

Post by BK201 »

I too have experienced this. "Upgraded" from 0.5.9.3 to 1.0.0_rc4. I was getting up to 600kbps and now it's maxing typical at 250kbps with the exact same torrents. I get far fewer connections as well, I would get up to 800 connections before now it never goes over 300. The client uses a LOT more CPU as well, went from very little ~10% max up to 30 to 100% on one core (AMD dual core). Currently useing 1.0.0_rc4 compiled from source on gentoo linux x86_64. Im considering going back to .5 cause this is really bad.
Serafean

Post by Serafean »

Hi, Same here : Deluge rc_5 on gentoo has horribly slow download speeds, reverted back to 0.5.9.1 and voilà : download speed multiplied by at least ten...
Is this a consequence of manual port setting not working(#403)? Is it me that configured somthing wrong (all ports I set were forwarded)? Or is it a separate issue altogether?
In any case: bravo to all the devs who made this app.
vexxor
New User
New User

Post by vexxor »

Just confirming the issue. I couldn't get rates bigger than cca 10Kib/s for torrents which i tested with another client (kTorrent) and which could get normal speeds. I'm using the latest RC5 on Archlinux.
irfan
Leecher
Leecher

Post by irfan »

Same here.

edit: RC5 on Arch Linux
vexxor
New User
New User

Post by vexxor »

UPDATE:

My speeds have increased after modifying some settings (limits, disabling of natpmp, upnp, enabling send_info).

Can anyone point me to a list of these options and their explanations, because i found some cryptic ones like: lsd :mrgreen:
Morraya

Post by Morraya »

Hello,
i change in Bandwidth the global maximum upload ports to 15 and this increase the speed. I had -1 before.
Sorry for my bad english...
Bye!
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

vexxor wrote:UPDATE:

My speeds have increased after modifying some settings (limits, disabling of natpmp, upnp, enabling send_info).

Can anyone point me to a list of these options and their explanations, because i found some cryptic ones like: lsd :mrgreen:
I use the wizard values from here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/browser/b ... /wizard.py