New "deluge" user couple of questions

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
dark5tar

New "deluge" user couple of questions

Post by dark5tar »

Okay, I was referred to the usage of deluge after getting totally irritated with azereus ( or however you spell it ) - and I really do like deluge better than AZ, its not as quick as say u torrent; but from my understanding u torrent is a bit shady. Which will bring me to my question -

I am running a 32 bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate - 2 gb of ram intel core 2 duo 1.7 ghz processor .

I actually came across this forum because I have been unable to get the torrent file to associate themselves with deluge, which is fine, downloading the torrent file and manually adding it in deluge is fine for me, and this apparently is how it is to be done until the fix comes out....

However I have noticed after reviewing the forum for the "auto load torrent" issue that the IPblock list plugin does not work? I have loaded the splist.zip via linking to the directory on my p.c. it is stored in ( i.e. C:\users\blah blah bla\splist.zip ) - well I guess Im confused about what is correct - does the IPblocklist plugin work with Deluge 0.9.02 ?

My next question is: If the IP Blocklist plugin does not work - what is it that you VISTA users are using for ip blocking as it seems that peer guardian is not yet compatible with vista, and I have yet to find any other programs that will do it.

thanks.
loki

Re: New "deluge" user couple of questions

Post by loki »

The blocklist plugin is not working in 0.9.02, and has been reported. If you really needed that functionality you would likely have to wait until they fix that or just use the latest 0.5 version, since it does still work in there. As well as all the plugins you may or may not need.
dark5tar

Post by dark5tar »

thats cool. thanks for the reply, my next question i suppose would be is 0.5 compatible with vista?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

0.5 is compatible with vista but you may get a "Visual C++ Error".
on the bright side, 0.5 successfully registers deluge with the .torrent extension.
xie
New User
New User

Post by xie »

Just saw this thread that blocklist plugin will be ready for RC3 .. http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=9&t=7585
-----
Running Deluge 0.5.9.3 on XP SP3