Where to find something in the source code...

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
flummoxed

Where to find something in the source code...

Post by flummoxed »

Hello,

I'm interested in trying to write a plugin for Deluge. This is the first time I've done this kind of thing, so bear with me...

I have some basic Python knowledge (enough to scrape by). I want my plugin to shut the computer down when the downloads are finished. Could someone who knows the source code better than I do point me in the right direction as to where the code would be that handles the detection of finished downloads? Would it be in libtorrent, or in the Deluge code?

Hopefully this isn't too noobish a question (hey, you gotta start somewhere).

Thanks
skolnick
New User
New User

Re: Where to find something in the source code...

Post by skolnick »

When I start looking at new code, I usually start by looking at the general code organization (classes, packages, etc) and the names of the classes. Then I start looking into some source files that seem relevant to waht I need, and that way I start understanding the general structure of the software.

Regards.
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Where to find something in the source code...

Post by daddy »

If I were you I would start by looking at the "Move Torrent" plugin, which is, I think, the only plugin that does something when a torrent finishes downloading. Hopefully you can use it as a guide to figure out what you need to hook into.

Good luck, and have fun :)