64 Bit Windows build

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
honkitonki

64 Bit Windows build

Post by honkitonki »

Hello,

is it much work to release a 64 bit build? If not, will there be one in near future?
loki

Re: 64 Bit Windows build

Post by loki »

Probably not much reason why they should, I believe they were talking about it a while back though...
honkitonki

Post by honkitonki »

Many people have machines with 4 gig ram or more. So they are or will use 64 bit windows soon. If it is only a compiler flag or not much work, 64 bit would surely be welcome. For Linux there is a 64 bit version, so why not for windows?
azeducarew

Post by azeducarew »

True, but what is the point? 64-bit gives better performance, but this is a BitTorrent. It hardly uses any resources. Sure, I guess it is nice to not emulate 32-bit in Vista/XP but I still do not see the point.
rockerboo

Post by rockerboo »

It would just be cool to have the option of a 64 bit build if it is easy enough to do. Just is nice to see a movement to the 64bit platform, instead of not moving forward.

The developer said if there was enough interest he would try and build them.
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

I would totally run the 64bit flavor if it was available to us windows users.
Iwi

Post by Iwi »

I read on Wikipedia that if you make it 64-bit you'd make it use more memory than needed. How this in regards to less CPU use since it doesn't have to emulate it, and the performance increase? Personally I would like it if it was 64-bit. It just feels "right" to have a 64-bit app in a 64-bit OS. There's really few already. How about a poll on this?
I use Deluge on Ubuntu 8.04 i386