Info for those with fritz.box router problems

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
hypermute

Info for those with fritz.box router problems

Post by hypermute »

1) After I experienced numerous problems with my router (FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050), I read something interesting on Wikipedia:
Nutzt man die Fritz!Box in Verbindung mit Filesharing Clients bricht unter Umständen nach einiger Zeit die Transferrate ein, wobei nur ein Neustart nach Trennung vom Stromnetz hilft. Schuld daran ist der eher schwächelnde TI AR7-Microprozzesor, wenn dieser mit der Vielzahl der Aufgaben TCP/IP, WLAN, Routing etc. und der Synchronisation höherer Bandbreiten überfordert ist und unter voller Auslastung läuft.
Loose translation:
If you are using the Fritz!Box in combination with filesharing clients, it's possible that the transfer rate drops drastically. In that case you have to power it off and on again (hard-reset). The problem is caused by the flagging TI AR7-Microprozzesor, which can be overwhelmed if confronted with a multitude of tasks like TCP/IP, WLAN, routing and the syncing of higher bandwiths.

2) I seem to have solved my latest problem by turning off automatic traffic shaping in the fritz.box setup. I manually entered the speed of my internet connection instead.

Code: Select all

fritz.box->Internet->Zugangsdaten->Traffic-Shaping benutzen->Geschwindigkeiten des DSL-Anschlusses manuell angeben