Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Suomynona.Eno

Re: Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Post by Suomynona.Eno »

Take it from a guy cursed with the "FIXED" perma assignments of that 60.5x.x.x IP range... Deluge still is the best there is right now for me and everything else (utorrent, bitcomet, azureus, transmission etc etc.) except Xunlei can't move over 20kb/s dl and 15kb/s ul limits. And another plus for the reason I'm sticking with this 1 is that Xunlei is still bloatish in comparison. My gf's place's a bit lucky and hers is closer to her area of service's exchange. She gets the 'normal' (as it should be for the rest of us streamyx users but obviously it's not the actual case) dynamic IP assignments. Average speeds I get so far is 140kb/s++ at tops with 40kb/s+ averages for uploads, while my gf's can easily nail between 30-180kb/s and the same for uploads.

For the record, I'd only notice drops to be simultaneous to streamyx' international links' crapping out at times so that might be a big factor. God knows what on earth are those clowns are up to this time...
penangboy

Post by penangboy »

I'm using Deluge 0.5.8.6 and I have no problems with speed. Using 1Mb TMslut line. No router. No firewall. Just AVG. Using random ports. Do you guys do speedtest everyday on international sites? Probably one third of TMslut lines don't give you the speed you paid for so test and reconnect till you get full speed.
silencer666
New User
New User

Post by silencer666 »

I hate to say this, but I think to be honest, I have to say this.

I've been using 0.5.7.1 for a long time now. It has served me fine until recently when the new hardware in my office came in.

Since then, I've switched to uTorrent 1.8 Beta build 9704 and it works wonders, stream-my-a$$ or otherwise.

In a related development however, I plan to salvage an old desktop and install ubuntu and dedicate it to deluge usage.

Thanks for the help Deluge team!
tinbaktu

Post by tinbaktu »

Funny you guys have problem getting full speed. The problem is the ip address, if u get ip range 60.5 (download speed will be at 40 to 50% of your max download speed & 60.4 above 50%), ip range 118. is the worst(dl speed 10 to 20% only) and ip range 218. are the best always max speed(sometimes dl speed drop by 10 to 20%).
MatShadow

Post by MatShadow »

Funny indeed 'tinbaktu'. How could TMslut (like 'penangboy' called it :) ) throttled this amazing client to only certain area/subscribers wherelse hundreds if not tens of thousand like myself still getting blazing d/l and u/l speed. I and many others here in Malaysia wont be torrenting like crazy if not because of deluge (okay uTorrent can also but deluge is still the fastest!). I am sure those slow speed was the result of misconfiguration of either their router or firewall. Another possibility is the area they lived got chocked by too many p2p users. Oh! do not rule out that certain set of ips sucks big time. I myself keep track and log good and bad ips so whenever I get those ip in the bad list, I would redial till I get the set that proven giving good speed.

If you guys check 'deluge thread'' at lowyat.net, you would find ONLY 6 people complained got throttled using deluge. That is 6 out of duno how many thousand users.

My suggestion, do a direct connection (bypassing router), off firewall, and later do the UPnP test http://fp.mgillespie.plus.com/upnphelp.htm, then do a CLEAN install of deluge. After these are done, check if port really open http://www.dyndns.com/support/tools/openport.html. Connect to good ip set (do some homework will ya) and see.

>> One more thing, I am sure those 'SOaB' from TMslut are using all kind of tricks trying to get more info regarding the encryption used in deluge so they could use that to throttle this wonderful client in the future.

Just my 2 rupiah.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

MatShadow wrote:>> One more thing, I am sure those 'SOaB' from TMslut are using all kind of tricks trying to get more info regarding the encryption used in deluge so they could use that to throttle this wonderful client in the future.
they don't need to do any tricks, deluge is open source, they could just look at the source code.

however I don't think deluge is popular enough for them to even know or care about.
New User
New User

Post by AvatarStormBringer »

I have no problems with my download speed here except maybe with the constant deluge crashing. Downloads sometime go up to 80+ kB/s. I'm in Penang btw and I believe people living in KL have worse connection because my pings are better than my KL friends when playing Starcraft.
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

Its true avatar. I help my uncle tune the router in KL after I tuned mine in Penang. Its far laggier and ping is very very high. Maybe its because of the number of connections in KL.
Another friend of mine which is in KL. Suffers from Disconnections frequently. Every 10 minutes of disconnections. I tuned till I have no more idea how to tune up my friend's connection.