Deluge takes forever to load or doesn't load at all

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kek

Deluge takes forever to load or doesn't load at all

Post by kek »

Whenever I start Deluge 0.5.5 and have a torrent that I am downloading or have downloaded, Deluge takes a VERY long time load or it doesn't load at all. I usually kill the process after 10 minutes.
CPU is at 100% during that time.
When I start Deluge from the command line:

Code: Select all

kristjan@kristjan-laptop:~$ deluge
no existing Deluge session
Starting new Deluge session...
deluge_core; using libtorrent 0.13.0.0. Compiled with NDEBUG.
Applying preferences

And it stays like that.

I am using Ubuntu 7.10 and have re-installed Deluge several times now and have always had some problem with it. What can I do?
TidusBlade

Re: Deluge takes forever to load or doesn't load at all

Post by TidusBlade »

I don't know if it will work for you, but when Deluge wouldn't load at all for me I deleted the /home/watermelon/.config/deluge/prefs.state file and It started again.
Rynor
New User
New User

Post by Rynor »

It does take quite a bit for deluge 0.5.5 to load on my computer as well, usually 5+ minutes for the gui to show up. Once it is running everything is very responsive though, so I usually start it and keep it running for a few days.

I do have quite a list of torrents, this might be the issue, as I recall that it was a bit faster when I first got it.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Rynor wrote:It does take quite a bit for deluge 0.5.5 to load on my computer as well, usually 5+ minutes for the gui to show up. Once it is running everything is very responsive though, so I usually start it and keep it running for a few days.

I do have quite a list of torrents, this might be the issue, as I recall that it was a bit faster when I first got it.
give the 0.5.6rc1 a shot. there's been some initial load optimization there that could help a bit
Rynor
New User
New User

Post by Rynor »

Well, I tried it yesterday evening. It crashed once I started it, killed all my fast resume data but it started fast afterwards. But because I encountered another crash (trying to update tracker while the torrents were still being checked) I reverted back to 0.5.5 stable. I found out that the update tracker bug is in this version as well.. but the thing that really surprised me is that after 0.5.5 stable checked all my torrents again is that it is starting fast again now. within 10 seconds.

So maybe it has something do to with the fast resume data that makes deluge take ages to load after a while.