[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
kino77
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by kino77 »

mhertz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:31 am Hi :)

Take newest release in newest python offered, rename to match your python I.e 3.12 here(or simply remove 'pyx.x' part entirely), done.

There was a change added to deluge some years ago, negating need for this(python version ignored), but certain call used by yarss2('pkg_resources.require("YaRSS2")[0]') trips this up unfortunately, so still need this above mentioned workaround(or rebuild, but easier merely rename, which almost always works same). For the most popular plugins, I believe only this needing this.
Thank you! You've provided a lot of help to lots of folks, myself included, over the years. I've learned so much from your posts on a bunch of topics!

I have tried that, but the same behavior occurs - I check the box and it's immediately unchecked without being enabled.

I get all this from the logs, if it's helpful:

Code: Select all

2024-06-02 14:20:13,558 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Unhandled error in Deferred:

2024-06-02 14:20:13,559 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.2-py3.12.egg/deluge_webui/core.py", line 112, in set_config

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.2-py3.12.egg/deluge_webui/core.py", line 88, in restart_server

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 623, in addCallback
    return self.addCallbacks(callback, callbackArgs=args, callbackKeywords=kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 536, in addCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1078, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(  # type: ignore[misc]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.2-py3.12.egg/deluge_webui/core.py", line 48, in _on_stop

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/deluge/plugins/WebUi-0.2-py3.12.egg/deluge_webui/core.py", line 76, in start_server

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py", line 735, in start
    self.start_normal()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py", line 743, in start_normal
    self.socket = reactor.listenTCP(self.port, self.site, interface=self.interface)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 364, in listenTCP
    p.startListening()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 1348, in startListening
    raise CannotListenError(self.interface, self.port, le)
twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 98] Address already in use.
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by mhertz »

That so kind of you to say my friend, thank you! :)

Sure helpful buddy, and means you have both webui plugin and deluge-web service enabled simultaneously(so last one loaded fails binding localhost:8112), so disable one of them.

@all, there's a webui error shown(unrelated to above), which I previously uploaded fixed build for, but not important as no webui support anyway, and so my build just correctly listed not being supported on webui lol, so just ignore.

Edit: @kino77, You sound like a bright fellow(posting logs etc), but just in case then here follows instructions(and anyhow can help others possibly): 'sudo systemctl stop deluge-web' , and then start deluge and disable webui plugin, and re-enable deluge-web service with 'sudo systemctl start deluge-web'. Alternatively: 'sudo systemctl disable --now deluge-web' to stop+disable deluge-web service while keeping webui plugin enabled.