Torrents Disappeared

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Blackhole

Torrents Disappeared

Post by Blackhole »

Using version 2.1.1. I had powered on the app after a shutdown like I normally do after shutting down the PC every day. Today, all torrents just vanished. Is there any way to restore the torrents? For troubleshooting purposes, I am using a portable solution given by "mhertz" from this thread "viewtopic.php?p=235640#p235640". Everything had been working well so far. I got this error today.

ambipro

Re: Torrents Disappeared

Post by ambipro »

From a screenshot of a empty deluge... no one knows id its possible.

Go to Appdata/Roaming/deluge...or deluge config folder, whereever you put that if your portable.

there is a state folder. I'd guess youve restarted deluge quote a few times so the likelihood that your state backup is there is slim, but the torrents may be.

Im not familiar with the portable solution your talking about though...
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

ambipro wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm there is a state folder. I'd guess youve restarted deluge quote a few times so the likelihood that your state backup is there is slim, but the torrents may be
I found the state folder and there are a lot of torrent files. I counted and it seems that all torrents are there. Is there any to restore all of them automatically? Or do I need to add all torrents manually?
ambipro wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm Im not familiar with the portable solution your talking about though...
I added a link to the portable solution by "mhertz" with the post. However, I'm attaching a screenshot if the link isn't working. Image
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

If your state file backup is not usable then you'd have to readd them manually.

This is why you should make periodic backups of important data.
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

ambipro wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:31 pm If your state file backup is not usable then you'd have to readd them manually.

This is why you should make periodic backups of important data.
I followed the instructions on this thread =>
. Seems like all data had a backup in the archive folder. Copied and pasted everything inside it and all torrents were restored.