Deluge suddenly going to 0 on RaspberryPi

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
itsagift
New User
New User

Deluge suddenly going to 0 on RaspberryPi

Post by itsagift »

I had a lot of errors setting up Deluged, mostly typos that I eventually fixed. It worked perfectly for a few days. Then a few days ago I changed my network settings -- changed the DNS and firewall, and when I went back to use Deluge, the daemon just didn't work at all. It starts downloading and then slowly drops so that in 30 seconds it's 0KB/s. I reset all those network settings as best as I could, and it still doesn't work. Worth mentioning all other applications can connect just fine.

I'm the Linux noob if you check my previous posts. I love it though. This time I was savvy enough to figure out how to switch my output to debug, and yet I'm getting so many potential issues that I don't know which one to focus on.

I'm getting a lot of:
No route to host "" (1)

Which ends in:

Host not found (authoritative) "" (1)

Also:

file_error_alert: torrentname.ext) error: Permission denied

I specifically set the folder permissions again, but it didn't work. Also, they should already be set? Also, it doesn't work with the default deluge folder either
ambipro

Re: Deluge suddenly going to 0 on RaspberryPi

Post by ambipro »

Your DNS servers are almost certainly one of the problems, as well as file system permissions.

I'd suggest you use something like cloudflare and quad9 DNS, they are reliable and secure.

As for the permissions, you need to check the ownership matches what deluge is running as and make sure its inherited through the paths.
itsagift
New User
New User

Re: Deluge suddenly going to 0 on RaspberryPi

Post by itsagift »

Fixed it with file permissions. I have no idea why the file system permissions reset. I don't remember touching those at all but clearly I did. Noob error. Gonna switch my DNS to cloudflare now and try again.