Deluge arm v7 docker image

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kamiko
New User
New User

Deluge arm v7 docker image

Post by kamiko »

Hi
I have a banana pi with arm v7 and I am trying to install a docker image.

The docker hub says it supports AMR but I can't download it because I get an error:

Code: Select all

deluge failed to deploy a stack: deluge Pulling no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries
I don't know what the issue is, supposedly there is a declaration that it supports arm and can't find it. Please help
ambipro

Re: Deluge arm v7 docker image

Post by ambipro »

Which image and repo are you using, Deluge doesn't have an "official" repository for Docker, so the maintainer (for example Binhex or linuxserver) would need to maintain an image for your architecture.

I personally use Binhex's but I'm not sure either has tags/builds for arm. You'd have to check the docker hub registry.
kamiko
New User
New User

Post by kamiko »

i understand. i searched on linuxserver and i managed to find some old image that i can run at my ARM32 also thanks for your help!
brownsunny148
New User
New User

Post by brownsunny148 »

The error you're encountering suggests that the Docker image you're trying to pull doesn't have a manifest for the `linux/arm/v7` architecture, which is the architecture of your Banana Pi with ARMv7. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps
1. Check Architecture Support:
- Confirm on the Docker Hub page of the image that it indeed supports the `linux/arm/v7` architecture. Look for information about supported architectures in the documentation or description.
2. Multi-Architecture Images:
- Some images provide multi-architecture support, but they may not explicitly declare it in the manifest. You can try pulling the image without specifying the architecture to allow Docker to choose the appropriate one automatically. suika game
```bash
docker pull <image_name>
```
3. Build for ARM Architecture:
- If the image doesn't explicitly support ARMv7, you might need to find an alternative image or, if possible, build the image yourself for the ARM architecture. Check if the image repository provides source code or Dockerfiles that you can use to build for ARM.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

As a note, I think this reply is likely AI generated, but it's not THAT incorrect.

The thing is, most ARM 32bit are being deprecated or removed entirely from repositories, so it can be difficult - although not impossible - to find images supporting this. You just have to search or in the worst case, build your own.
EdieFarler
New User
New User

Post by EdieFarler »

brownsunny148 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:06 am The error you're encountering suggests that the Docker image you're trying to pull doesn't have a manifest for the `linux/arm/v7` architecture, which is the architecture of your Banana Pi with ARMv7. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps
1. Check Architecture Support:
- Confirm on the Docker Hub page of the image that it indeed supports the `linux/arm/v7` architecture. Look for information about supported architectures in the documentation or description.
2. Multi-Architecture Images:
- Some images provide multi-architecture support, but they may not explicitly declare it in the manifest. You can try pulling the image without specifying the architecture to allow Docker to choose the appropriate one automatically.
```bash
docker pull <image_name>
```
3. Build for ARM Architecture:
- If the image doesn't explicitly support ARMv7, you might need to find an alternative image or, if possible, build the image yourself for the ARM architecture. Check if the image repository provides source code or Dockerfiles that you can use to build for ARM.
By explicitly specifying the architecture during the pull, you should be able to retrieve an image compatible with your ARM v7-based Banana Pi.