Now torrent is turned to Error status

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
RONNIE
New User
New User

Re: Now torrent is turned to Error status

Post by RONNIE »

Menard wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:40 pm I don't now why but I have errors now each time I begin a download, the torrent turns red shortly after being started and after some repeated times like this it ended to download.
I do not know if you are still having this issue but the solution I found for this is;
1) to go into the settings
2) go to interface
3) click (under main window) "click a pieces bar in status tab".
This will tell what the error is, well it did for me. It said it could not find the path, so I just renamed all the paths and it worked.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

RONNIE wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:13 pm

I do not know if you are still having this issue but the solution I found for this is;
1) to go into the settings
2) go to interface
3) click (under main window) "click a pieces bar in status tab".
This will tell what the error is, well it did for me. It said it could not find the path, so I just renamed all the paths and it worked.
Good idea because after following this, I get a "Ressource temporarily unavailable" warning, and I am happy to finally have the bar with the details of the torrent back
But some download on this partition were completed without this problem ... This warning is for a torrent that is long to complete and appears very often with error state.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

This is this error in all case ... "Ressource temporarily unavailable"
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You can disregard that error, it's not a real one and fixed in deluge 2.0.4+. If wanting avoid this cosmetic issue, without just simply updating, then can bind your ip or interface(as guid, though guid's not supported in 2.0.3 if remember right(15 char :alphanum: limit I believe, and reported long ago) , search my older posts if interested in that/workaround) under preferences(or use libtorrent under v1.2.3), but again, not important.

Edit: Sorry got confused and thought you where on windows, so nevermind the guid talk and can just use interface name in network preferences to bind in/out, or IP if preferred.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

OK, thanks
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

But that doesn't explain why this happens only for a partition which is mounted as its label in /media/<user>/<label> and not for thoses which are mounted as their UUID in /mnt/<UUID>
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I could remember wrong in hindsight, regarding that error specifically I mean, just know was that or another which both sounded like not about this/multi-homing, but indeed was. Irregardless deluge 2.0.3 will by definition always show non-existing errors to be dismissed(unless using much older libtorrent version), just how it is, and fixed to reflect this change later, both in deluge and little before that, qbittorrent, as libtorrent related. I don't know why apparently only happens on one partition for you, and again please disregard what I said about Guid's, as irrelevant as just me thinking you where on windows then, for some reason. If wanted I can find an older post of mine where I posted instructions for getting these errors hidden, or so I think, though you need change your installed files manually, and as said, much easier to just add your interface name or IP into deluge network preferences(both incoming and outgoing settings) and see if goes away(find interface name by e.g running 'ifconfig' or 'ip link show' etc, and is something alike enp3s0, wlp2s0, wlan0, eth0 or tun0 etc).
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

I understand what you want, and ok, now I have not this error anymore but it can come back
I add that some freezes happened when managing these "errored" torrents, sometimes easily solved by waiting for some minutes, but yesterday I had a total system crash and I had to hard reset (power off) because all other means where blocked, the keyboard being non responsive, the journal showed that too, no trace of my keyboards attempts, and that happened as I tried to move the files of one errored torrent to another partition, the content didn't move either, and finally after some minutes doing something else got this freeze.
Notice it is on a kernel 6.2 and amdgpu driver + an external USB hard drive
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

This was in fact some warning about my disk or partition, I don't know exactly but I am on Linux and download on NTFS partitions, that can be itself an error... so all the download folder is now turned as broken ... though the disk kept its green status in SMART. So i am trying to backup the partition and to recover files.. I had allready back up for most content.

What happened though some days ago is that working on Deluge GUI, I had some total freeze of the graphic, and I had to power off the machine.
And after that when I started Deluge, all torrents that are hosted on that partition were in red, exactly as if it was not mounted.
So I don't know exactly what to conclude about that.
This drive had errors at the end of 2022 but had very intensive work without problems since this. 8 sectors unstable.
Menard
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Menard »

Update : partition repaired with chkdsk and nothing was lost and no damaged sector at the surface check.