bug: avail 0 instead of 1

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

bug: avail 0 instead of 1

Post by lvm »

All fully downloaded torrents have 0 in Avail column instead of 1. Tried re-checking - value goes up, then shows 0 again when completed. Seeded torrents with some files skipped show real value. Note that I have libtorrent 1.2.19 installed.

BTW I am NOT a fan of only one decimal sign in avail/ratio columns. Thought I get used to it, but no. Rotten idea, make it 3 again.
mhertz

Re: bug: avail 0 instead of 1

Post by mhertz »

In deluge 'Avail' is tracking libtorrent's 'distributed_copies', showing full total copies of the peers/seeds you're connected to in swarm, though libtorrent stops tracking this upon seeding to be effecient(as normally only relevant for downloading). Reason for "seeding" torrents with skipped files doesn't disable this(so works in deluge), is that technically such torrents isn't seeding in libtorrent terminology, just finished if remember right. Btw, should show an infinite symbol(number 8 just sideways) I believe, as is -1 in this case and deluge displays infinite when returned value under 0, though haven't tested it myself in deluge, and might misunderstood deluge code(GTK-UI) / libtorrent docs.

Changing to more decimals there, is one char source change I believe, unless on Windows, where file not available for modding as freezed. Seen several people by now complain over too few decimals in various places, so maybe the affected should make a feature request, on the bug-tracker.
kotobaki
New User
New User

Re: bug: avail 0 instead of 1

Post by kotobaki »

If you have fully downloaded torrents, then all the pieces should be available from at least one peer, so the availability should be 1 or higher. However, some torrents may have incomplete pieces due to network errors or other reasons, so the availability may show 0 even if all the pieces are downloaded. This does not mean that the torrent is not working properly, it just means that some pieces are missing.
Automotive logistics and software solutions https://www.intellectsoft.net/platforms ... -solutions play a vital role in resolving bugs within torrent applications. Streamlining supply chains and optimizing inventory management ensure the smooth flow of automotive components critical for torrent systems. Tailored automotive software solutions aid in bug detection and resolution, enhancing system stability and performance. These tools facilitate precise tracking of faulty components, expediting recalls and repairs. Moreover, automotive software's analytical capabilities pinpoint system weaknesses, enabling efficient bug fixes and updates. By integrating logistics and software solutions, the automotive industry effectively mitigates torrent issues, ensuring reliability and optimal functionality in these systems.