Deluge Crashes on Windows 11

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
cincar
New User
New User

Deluge Crashes on Windows 11

Post by cincar »

Hello, hoping everyone here is having a great Sunday.

My Deluge has been crashing for the past four days, and nothing I've done has worked so far. I cleared the App Data, uninstalled and re-installed Deluge, tried to open Deluge in debug mode and tried saving the log through the command line (it didn't). I was thinking it happened because I updated Windows, but I learned that I updated it a while ago.

Basically, I open up Deluge, and it just crashes in the first 5 minutes. I don't have any memory issues on my PC, and this doesn't happen with any other program.

Code: Select all

AppName deluge.exe 
  AppVersion 0.0.0.0 
  AppTimeStamp 62cac6dc 
  ModuleName ntdll.dll 
  ModuleVersion 10.0.22621.2506 
  ModuleTimeStamp bced4b82 
  ExceptionCode c0000374 
  FaultingOffset 000000000010c7a9 
  ProcessId 0x5434 
  ProcessCreationTime 0x1da1a64703a826c 
  AppPath C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluge.exe 
  ModulePath C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll 
From what I found, c0000374 refers to a heap corruption error.

If anyone can help me out on this, I'd appreciate it very much. I miss being able to use Deluge properly.

Thank you so much and have a lovely Sunday.
ambipro

Re: Deluge Crashes on Windows 11

Post by ambipro »

cincar wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:16 am If anyone can help me out on this, I'd appreciate it very much. I miss being able to use Deluge properly.

I'd recommend you turn on logging (to a file) and level "debug"

You can specify all of these settings without deleting your appdata again (if it doesn't crash, do the same without specifying a different config directory to narrow down the problem)

https://man.archlinux.org/man/deluged.1.en

I'd recommend something like this...

deluge.exe -c="C:\DelugeTest" -L=debug -l="C:\deluged.log"
It should run deluged with a config directory of C:\DelugeTest (so you don't have to delete the current one) with a logging level of debug to c:\deluged.log

You should see a log file instantly if done correctly

You can modify these parameters as needed.

Wait until it crashes, and it should give us a better idea of what's going on.

I'd just let it sit, if it's really crashing after 5 minutes with nothing going on, it should give us more information why. Just post them here or on something like privatebin.net and link us.
hovercraft
New User
New User

Post by hovercraft »

ambipro wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:29 am
cincar wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:16 am If anyone can help me out on this, I'd appreciate it very much. I miss being able to use Deluge properly.

You can specify all of these settings without deleting your appdata again (if it doesn't crash, do the same without specifying a different config directory to narrow down the problem)

It should run deluged with a config directory of C:\DelugeTest (so you don't have to delete the current one) with a logging level of debug to c:\deluged.log

I'd just let it sit, if it's really crashing after 5 minutes with nothing going on, it should give us more information why. Just post them here or on something like privatebin.net and link us.
Hey I am also having issues with Deluge crashing since updating to 2.x from 1.x. Can you walk me through how to enable logs? I am not well versed in commands/py

I can open deluged-debug exe but can seem to paste anything in there
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

The post you quoted in your reply is literally telling you how to enable logs.
cincar
New User
New User

Post by cincar »

ambipro wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:29 am

Hello, first of all, thank you so much.

I have done that and Deluge didn't crash at all, went on for quite a bit and the log file ended up being 86,4 MBs. I closed Deluge, and then I opened it up normally to see if the problem persisted, and it seems to be working perfectly fine since I first tried it on Sunday. I had zero issues in the following 4 days.

So, no issues and nothing to report here. Thanks again for helping me out, I don't know what was the issue but I'm really glad it's not there anymore. Hopefully it'll stay that way.