Suggestion: List trackers of a torrent in plaintext and in multiple lines

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
FishBoneEK

Suggestion: List trackers of a torrent in plaintext and in multiple lines

Post by FishBoneEK »

Hello!

I suggest listing trackers of a torrent in plaintext and in lines per tracker, so that I can copy multiple trackers of a torrent then paste them into one another. Useful if a specific torrent has few trackers available.

By the way, I noticed that deluge seems to use 1 tracker at a time? Like in the "trackers" tab in deluge-gtk, there's a line says "Current Tracker".
If it's true, why doesn't deluge use multiple trackers?
mhertz

Re: Suggestion: List trackers of a torrent in plaintext and in multiple lines

Post by mhertz »

For latter part, deluge uses default libtorrent behavior for this, though there's an unmerged PR submitted for it, with some discussion about how approach it. Meanwhile, ltconfig plugin is your friend with 'announce_to_all_trackers', and/or 'announce_to_all_tiers'. Note, current-tracker in trackers tab, is just last tracker received response back from.

For former, indeed sounds reasonable, though i'm affraid it's not me deciding such. Amyway, If nothing else, then atleast it is possible to script it yourself through deluge's api and a client-script, looping queried 'trackers' status-key dict's 'url' fields into individual lines plaintext, and formating it back upon writing.
FishBoneEK

Post by FishBoneEK »

Thanks, will take a look at the plugin. However it failed to install, will try to solve it.

By the way, I also suggest list status of trackers instead of just showing one.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah see your point with that too.

For the plugin failing install, then install manually to avoid unresolved bug. I mean move egg file to plugins sub-dir of deluge profile dir, and start deluge* and enable it - remember need be on both server and client if using thinclient mode of GTK-UI.
FishBoneEK

Post by FishBoneEK »

Thanks! Installed successfully.
Though I can't toggle settings in ltconfig, perhaps it's a bug of it own. Will go try more.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome mate. Yes, need spacebar to toogle bool's, some issue with that which I don't get, and developer busy apparently.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

mhertz wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:52 pm You're welcome mate. Yes, need spacebar to toogle bool's, some issue with that which I don't get, and developer busy apparently.
Sometimes you need to both left and then right-click (sometimes both are necessary), then hit space after to toggle.

It's weird. But it works.
FishBoneEK

Post by FishBoneEK »

Amazing...weird bug indeed. Appreciate your help!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@ambipro, Thanks bro yeah indeed noticed that, or I didn't know exactly, just tried different things until worked lol but thanks - I looked at it yesterday for probably 10'th times through the last years, and thought was me breaking it(during troubleshooting), but still was like that when undo'ed changes, which never noticed. The relevant function and gtk-ui code is same on working gtk2(on deluge 1.x / ltconfig v0.3.1) and not-working gtk3(deluge 2.x), except small stuff like a needed extra arg or formatting, but changing that doesn't fix etc - also accepts the click I see with added debug-prints, just don't enable. I posted issue on ratanakvlun's github in '19, hope he comes back, awesome plugins.

@FishBoneEK, You're welcome buddy.