Deluge Web 2.1.1 uPnP/PNP-NAT

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
outsidefactor
New User
New User

Deluge Web 2.1.1 uPnP/PNP-NAT

Post by outsidefactor »

I have successfully installed Deluge and configured it enough that I am able to download files, however I cannot seed.

Deluge has been unable to populate the External IP Address (n/a on the bottom bar) so I assume that uPNP or PNP-NAT isn't working.

However, on the same machine that is running the deluge-web instance I was able to successfully run upnpc and natpmpc and interrogate my router from the command line.

Is there something else that I need to set in Deluge to enable this? uPNP and PNP-NAT are both enabled in Deluge's Preferences.
mhertz

Re: Deluge Web 2.1.1 uPnP/PNP-NAT

Post by mhertz »

That n/a message isn't to be fully counted on, though as you say cannot seed then indeed sounds like it.

Is there a message in status bar to right-bottom stating no incoming connections and/or have you tested the port under "test active port" button under network preferences and/or best imho, a port checker online/terminal whatever(search Google for "test open port" if need online checker url) .

It's generally often recommended to setup port-forwarding manually in router, so would recommend that instead however, but wasn't what you asked grantedly.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

Hello outsidefactor,

Can you do a

Code: Select all

cat core.conf | grep -E "natpmp|upnp"
Output will look like this:

<USER>@<SYSTEM>:<directory path to deluge directory># cat core.conf | grep -E "natpmp|upnp"
    "natpmp": true,
    "upnp": true,

And also do a

ss -tulpn | grep deluged
This way you will be able to see all the current connections of deluged (deluge daemon). The tcp and udp connections. In the output down here you see in my case how it looks like.

There you see for example 58846 this is the daemon port, but you also see other ports. My random Active port at this moment was 51218 and this indeed is also visible in the output.

Output of the command.

<USER>@<SYSTEM>:~# ss -tulpn | grep deluged
udp   UNCONN 0      0                <IPADDRES>:1900       0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=255))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
udp   UNCONN 0      0      <IPADDRES>%enP4p65s0:51218      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=15))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
udp   UNCONN 0      0                 127.0.0.1%lo:51218      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=13))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
udp   UNCONN 0      0                <IPADDRES>:37078      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=241))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
udp   UNCONN 0      0                <IPADDRES>:46735      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=367))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
udp   UNCONN 0      0                      0.0.0.0:6771       0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=617))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
udp   UNCONN 0      0                      0.0.0.0:6771       0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=592))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
tcp   LISTEN 0      3000   <IPADDRES>%enP4p65s0:51218      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=14))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
tcp   LISTEN 0      3000              127.0.0.1%lo:51218      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=12))                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
tcp   LISTEN 0      50                     0.0.0.0:58846      0.0.0.0:*    users:(("deluged",pid=1450,fd=23))
If this also works as it should be. Could you make sure UPNP is turned on in your Router. Often routers of the ISP have problems. Outdated firmware (bugs) or logs that have made the RAM become full (in such cases just a reboot of the Router would wipe all the logs in the RAM).

You could also test it if you have a old Router that has also a UPNP setting. And you forward all the traffic to that old Router and use that old Router do the UPNP job. This is to be sure if the problem is your ISP Router.

I just recently discovered that my UPNP did not work ( i use openWRT on my Router). It turned out that miniUPNP had a bug that it was not getting the public ipaddress. Now the connection works normal.
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry for needless butting in, but appreciate you shinger, just awesome! :)
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

mhertz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:51 am Sorry for needless butting in, but appreciate you shinger, just awesome! :)
Again mhertz you really don't realize it but the REAL credits go to you guys. Awesome piece of software, the flexibility, the amount of options just incredible.

I am just giving my 2 cents where ever it is needed.
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thank you my friend for your kind post :) I'll echo your sentiment wholeheartedly, about the awesome people contributing, and though I don't like take credit where not due, then much appreciate your class act response, thanks again.

Sorry not to derail, carry on, if still in doubt, just don't like not responding to good people.