Problem with putting torrents anywhere except the c drive.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Ninuvan
New User
New User

Problem with putting torrents anywhere except the c drive.

Post by Ninuvan »

Just built a new computer and installed the latest client (2.1.1) and i'm running into a bit of a problem. I'm trying to set torrents to download to my B drive. Putting that into the textboxes under preferences -> download just gives an error that says windows\system32\B:\"torrent" Error:filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
No matter what buttons i hit i can't get it to see anything above the users folder including the 4 other hard drives in the computer.
I've tried google but it gave nothing but several year old instructions that tell you to select things that don't exist anymore.
ambipro

Re: Problem with putting torrents anywhere except the c drive.

Post by ambipro »

I'm just curious, but try "Run as Administrator" and let us know if that changes any of this...it would be my guess that it's being run with insufficient privileges if you can't see outside your user folder.
Ninuvan
New User
New User

Post by Ninuvan »

Thank you. Running it as admin let me type a folder on the b drive into the preferences. Oddly it can see but refuses to accept the root of the b drive which is where i had it downloading on my old computer (1.6.2 if i remember right). The individual move downloaded location can now see all of c, but nothing else.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I'm not familiar with what I assume are simply permission errors with Windows, but I'd right click the B drive in "my computer", go to properties -> security and make sure that you, or administrator if you want to keep running it as admin, actually has access to the drive. Since it was from another machine, it could be kind of screwy now.

You can click Edit and add users, adjust permissions, etc.