Building 2.1.1 gives 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' error

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Shadallark

Building 2.1.1 gives 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' error

Post by Shadallark »

Good day to all of you!

I am in the process of transitioning from one Mac to another and am having troubles transferring the Deluge App I built on the old machine to the new machine so I figured I would see if I could build a copy of Deluge again on the new machine. Unfortunately, regardless of if I use MacPorts (sudo port install deluge) or if I clone the develop branch from Git Hub and build from there, when I try to run the thin client using "deluge" it gives me the following error:
% deluge

(deluge:55896): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:58:57.746: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

(deluge:55896): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:58:57.746: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

zsh: segmentation fault deluge
Has anyone seen this error before and more importantly have any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Have a great day everyone!

Shadallark
Running Deluged v2.0.x on a Raspberry Pi 3b running Raspian (Debian Buster) with a Mac OSX Thin Client.
Shadallark

Re: Building 2.1.1 gives 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' error

Post by Shadallark »

Good day again everyone!

I managed to copy over the 2.0.3 post7 version that I had made previously and it is working great as a thin client on my new machine. That said, it would be nice to figure out why I am getting the above errors when trying to build the developer branch. Some additional information that I should have provided in my post:
[*] I am using MacOS Ventura (13.3);
[*] I am using Deluge on this MacBook Pro as a thin client to connect to Deluge v2.0.3 running on a Raspberry Pi;
[*] I have Python 3.9.6 installed on this machine;
[*] I added the path to my user Python structures to the PYTHONPATH using
nano ~/.zshrc
and
export PATH="${PATH}:/Users/caio.hc.oliveira/Library/Python/3.7/bin"
export PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH}:/Users/caio.hc.oliveira/Library/Python/3.7/bin"

(instructions from this site: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/340 ... pythonpath)
[*] I was working on a clean installation of MacOS Ventura;
[*] I installed MacPorts v2.8.1 using the Ventura installation tool from macports.org; and
[*] I installed lib torrent v2.0.7 from the lib torrent site.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Have a great day everyone!

Shadallark
Running Deluged v2.0.x on a Raspberry Pi 3b running Raspian (Debian Buster) with a Mac OSX Thin Client.