Cannot Login to Web ThinClient

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
vinbullet
New User
New User

Cannot Login to Web ThinClient

Post by vinbullet »

Hello, running 64-bit Pi OS Lite, and allowed all incoming connections from local network. I am having trouble getting logged into the daemon through the WebUI, after following both the https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... rvice.html and the https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient

I was pretty sure deluged was using the configs from

Code: Select all

/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/
but I have also been mirroring changes to

~/.config/deluge/
I replaced the localclient line in the home dir auth file with the one in /var as well.

After changing allow-remote to true in both configs, and adding my login with account type 10, I am still unable to connect through the web-UI on my regular computer. I haven't changed any of the settings besides download dir and max seeding/downloading/active torrents in the config.

Both services show up as running on ssh, and I can load and login to the WebUI, but not to the daemon in connection manager. There's nothing in either log file besides an error "no translation file" in web.log. I am a bit stumped as to what to try next. I'm starting to see why I went with a GUI program over VNC last time I tried this setup lol.
ambipro

Re: Cannot Login to Web ThinClient

Post by ambipro »

Just to confirm, you are trying to connect with the thinclient (over daemon) on the webui port? or you can't connect to the WebUI (using browser) or via the thinclient (via daemon port)? You need to use the appopriate port...Found in the "Daemons" section of preferences. WebUI is strictly for the web interface if i'm not mistaken, and thinclient utilizes the daemon port, not needing the WebUI plugin at all. I use standalone, though, so I could be mistaken.

I'm also confused as you say you're having trouble logging into the daemon through the WebUI, then say you can load and login to the WebUI but not the daemon, if you could clarify, use terms like "using thinclient" or "using WebUI" rather than ambiguously switching between or using both, that would help clarify.

Also, you could try using a SSH Tunnel and seeing if it works when connecting via localhost, that would clarify if it's a configuration problem in deluge, or a firewall/network issue.

For future reference, the command line for a specific directory for config/profile/data is "-c \path\directory\here" and logs are "-l \path\logfile" if you're trying to figure all this out. I'd also recommend running in debug mode when you log, just to see what all is going on.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

Hello @ambipro,

I am not sure if the topic creator had the same problem as me. Maybe it is even a bug.

I am currently busy with upgrading to Ubuntu 22.04 from 20.04 and taking all the torrents with me. I stumbled upon a small issue as well (but i did managed to solve it even though i am not sure if that is the way how to solve it.)

This was the hostlist.conf. (btw this was a clean install).

{
    "file": 3,
    "format": 1
}{
    "hosts": [
        [
            "<id>",
            "127.0.0.1",
            "localclient",
            "***********"
        ]
    ]
}
When i tried to connect the daemon through the webinterface it would not connect. Using the thinclient on my desktop worked (because i created a new user in the auth file). After looking at the previous config on my old server i noticed that the ********** should be replaced by the password of the localclient user in the auth file, which was not filled by default but instead filled with all those asterisk.

I am almost sure that this should not be the cast and that it should work out of the box, but to be sure if i am not crazy :).
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

shinger wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:14 am Hello @ambipro,

I am not sure if the topic creator had the same problem as me. Maybe it is even a bug.

I am almost sure that this should not be the cast and that it should work out of the box, but to be sure if i am not crazy :).
Hi there,

No this definitely isn't normal for what data should be there. Both the <ID> (not sure if you redacted) and the asterisks should be what look like hashes (****** is just copy of the auth files localclient password though) unless you did something to change them everywhere (auth file and hostlist.conf)

The asterisks will be the same string from your password in the auth file, I'm not sure if the ID is randomly generated or not. It could be a simple key reference.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I haven't looked into that yet, or see if can I mean, but as ambipro I never seen this neither, so baffled. I only know there's a function for replacing password with those asterisks ment for outputting to log, when initiating config deluge module, or alike, to lazy now to look up function name, and arg to config, but strange/buggy indeed this happens in the writing to config file part too, which as said I neither seen on clean installs/runs, but must be some edge case triggering this apparently. Interesting/important nonetheless, thanks shinger.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

@Ambipro, The ID i indeed i removed it myself for maybe security purposes. But the password was just filled with astriks. The only change i had made in general was to put a new user with admin permissions (user:password:10) in the auth file.

The ID could indeed be randomly generated.

Well keep in mind if somebody else is having issues to connect through the webinterface that this also might be an issue. Btw, i have used the arm64 package from the Ubuntu deluge-team ppa. I am not sure if this is a bit more helpful.
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

shinger wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:59 am @Ambipro, The ID i indeed i removed it myself for maybe security purposes. But the password was just filled with astriks. The only change i had made in general was to put a new user with admin permissions (user:password:10) in the auth file.

Well keep in mind if somebody else is having issues to connect through the webinterface that this also might be an issue. Btw, i have used the arm64 package from the Ubuntu deluge-team ppa. I am not sure if this is a bit more helpful.
So copy the localclient password from the auth file (overwriting the asterisks) and see if it works?
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

ambipro wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:09 am
shinger wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:59 am @Ambipro, The ID i indeed i removed it myself for maybe security purposes. But the password was just filled with astriks. The only change i had made in general was to put a new user with admin permissions (user:password:10) in the auth file.

So copy the localclient password from the auth file (overwriting the asterisks) and see if it works?
Yes, that is what i indeed had done to fix the problem and i only responded to this topic to know if this was rather normal or not. So my problem was already solved.