Error: skipping tracker announce (unreachable) On Deluge Synology DSM

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Sindweller

Error: skipping tracker announce (unreachable) On Deluge Synology DSM

Post by Sindweller »

Hello, I am using Deluge version 2.1.1-17 on my Synology DSM, and keep seeing this error frequently Error: skipping tracker announce (unreachable), this error comes and goes frequently, any idea what is causing this and how to fix it please?

Last edited by Sindweller on Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qta
New User
New User

Re: Error: skipping tracker announce (unreachable) On Deluge Synology DSM

Post by qta »

Hello,

I'm seeing the same thing, since the latest 2.1.1-17 on DSM6. My issue is more severe as this comes after Deluge is running for about a day, then ALL torrents have this problem, and no new downloads start. Then I restart the Deluge process from the DSM WebGUI and everything is OK again, for a day. How to debug what is the issue?
mr.lite.touch
New User
New User

Post by mr.lite.touch »

I'm also getting the same error quite regularly on Deluge 2.1.1, but I'm using docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/deluge
mr.lite.touch
New User
New User

Post by mr.lite.touch »

Googling around for the same error there were some suggestions that this might be a network adapter binding issue. Installing the ItConfig 2.0 plugin and changing the "listen_interfaces" from the default of 0.0.0.0:<port> to the specific internal IP I'm using (10.0.0.x:<port>) seems to have fixed this - I'm no longer seeing any of these tracker errors. My system has several unused network adapters. Maybe some behavior changed in the newer version of libtorrent that was included in Deluge 2.1.1?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Good job! :) The tracker errors here posted I believe is for interfaces having no internet connectivity, hence normal to fail, but for one is related to multi-homing change of libtorrent v1.2.4 or something like that I.e long ago, and second, deluge has code to suppress these errors on libtorrent 1.2.x as long as one Interface succeed(main one), instead of default where just showing if last tried interface succeded, so didn't understand this issue, and hence didn't post before(and also read the binding tip when googling it), but hey, if works then great, and thanks for posting the solution! :)
Sindweller

Post by Sindweller »

mhertz wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:29 pm Good job! :) The tracker errors here posted I believe is for interfaces having no internet connectivity, hence normal to fail, but for one is related to multi-homing change of libtorrent v1.2.4 or something like that I.e long ago, and second, deluge has code to suppress these errors on libtorrent 1.2.x as long as one Interface succeed(main one), instead of default where just showing if last tried interface succeded, so didn't understand this issue, and hence didn't post before(and also read the binding tip when googling it), but hey, if works then great, and thanks for posting the solution! :)
Hi Mhertz, any possibility can we apply this solution if we are using DSM without Docker, and if yes how please? Sorry I am a bit of a noob with that kinda stuff
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Actually, docker or not then you can also just bind using deluge natively without relying on ltconfig for this, atleast on deluge 2.x(well too on deluge 1.x actually, since the single binding option it exposes, for incoming connections, counter-intuitively is used for tracker announces also).

So in e.g webUI's preferences under network, you can input the network interface name or IP of the NAS, into incoming address and outgoing interface fields.

This does the same as your trick behind scenes. Google how find current IP or device name of NAS for this(as I don't know anything about NAS and can't test in blind).
Sindweller

Post by Sindweller »

mhertz wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:40 pm Actually, docker or not then you can also just bind using deluge natively without relying on ltconfig for this, atleast on deluge 2.x(well too on deluge 1.x actually, since the single binding option it exposes, for incoming connections, counter-intuitively is used for tracker announces also).

So in e.g webUI's preferences under network, you can input the network interface name or IP of the NAS, into incoming address and outgoing interface fields.

This does the same as your trick behind scenes. Google how find current IP or device name of NAS for this(as I don't know anything about NAS and can't test in blind).
Thanks for the help Mhertz. If I understood correctly, I should enter my public WAN IP Address into the 'Incoming Interface' under network settings in Deluge preference. I will try that! Edit: I misunderstood, I need to enter my Synology DSM IP Address on my local network, I entered that and for the first time, my WAN IP now shows in the bottom status bar for the first time :) instead of just 'N/A', I will monitor if this fixes the issue and report back.

I will communicate this information to SynoCommunity discord as well for hopes of a fix through an update. ty!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks Sindweller, and you're welcome bro! :)
Sindweller

Post by Sindweller »

Pleased to confirm that since assigning the network interface in the deluge network menu, the issue related to unreachable tracker has been resolved for me and I haven't seen a single error since yesterday.